Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Rcbjr Probably not, I'm pretty sure TMO Pearls are carrier locked. You ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Changing a Service provider

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Probably not, I'm pretty sure TMO Pearls are carrier locked. You would need to get the Unlock Code from TMO or a commercial unlocking service

Welcome to PinStack wayne.

Probably not, I'm pretty sure TMO Pearls or carrier locked. You would need to get the Unlock Code from TMO or a commercial unlocking service

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Yeah and good luck w/ getting that unlock info, you have to find the right person @ the right time!

Welcome to the stacks!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    Unfortunately, the T-Mobile coverage in my area is terrible. I'm considering Verizon, or Cellular One, as well as others which have good coverage, but I'm not sure an unlocked T-Mobile is going to be 100% compatable.

go to t-mobile.com and click on check your coverage and it'll tell you what to expect in your area,if coverage isn't as strong or good as some of the other carriers try the curve, and the hotspot @ home service.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne_dirrim View Post
    ok i have a tmo pearl 8100...if i compleatly wipe it out using JL_Cmder and when i reload the os/firmware from centennial would that alow me to use my centennial card the the phone...?

it's still locked to t-mobile USA, so i really don't think it will work
    Last edited by jonnyxedge; 11-13-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    Yeah, only if I want to buy a service contract. Radio Shack offered me a SIM card only if I would sign up for a pricey service plan, after which they'd take the one out of their "free" phone and put it in my Blackberry. No thanks.

I'd rather pick up a SIM card and then choose my own service provider online.

You have me lost here. Even if you activate it online, they will send you a free sim card here in the states (with the exception of the flexplay plan in some areas). The sim card does no good without an account to tie it into which requires you have service. If you are going to be signing up for new service, most carriers are going to require you do a contract unless you do a pre-paid plan which will negate the use of data on a bb device. I am interested to know what carrier you are planning to activate on that won't put you under contract that will let you use a BB with a data plan (other than T-Mobile's new FlexPay service).

Zo

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

At this point, Cingular seems to have the best coverage in my area (zip code 12550), but I couldn't find any way to set up a new account without already having a SIM card mounted in my phone. I did a search of their site and didn't find an information on getting an account without already having one.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

When you go and activate the contract service online they will run a credit check and approve you. Once you have been approved and go through the process they will mail you a sim card (and I would take one of thier free phones since you will be doing a contract anyway). That sim card will be tied to your account but the account won't actually be active completely until you call them up to let them know you recieved the unit. A faster way is to go to a store and do the activation there in person. If you are planning on doing a "pay as you go" plan then you will need a new sim card that I do believe they will mail you also (but I am not sure on that one since I keep them here in stock for my prepaid customers). Again, going to a store would be the faster way and you still could possibly recieve one for free. I recommend going to a corporate store if you are going to do the latter option. Go to either corporate or an exclusive store if you are going to do contract since they will almost match each other on everything and the plans will be the same at either.

Zo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12