I currently have phone service with Cingular and BES is provided through my work for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aberenson no está en línea Stack level 1

Changin blackberry and BES service??HELP

Advertisement

I currently have phone service with Cingular and BES is provided through my work for my 8700c. I really hate this blackberry and would like to switch it to my unlocked 8100 from t-mobile. Is it possible to switch without contacting BES corporate department by switching my sim card and changing redirect settings? We are using lotus notes. Please help.

thanks,

alex

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Changin blackberry and BES service??HELP

unfortunately you will need to have the new phone re-activated with the BES. Changing the SIM will only bring the number and any contacts you have stored on the SIM.

Also, remember to do a backup of your BB before you make the switch so you can restore your data to the new phone.

Bootsector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Re: Changin blackberry and BES service??HELP

Quote Originally Posted by aberenson
    I currently have phone service with Cingular and BES is provided through my work for my 8700c. I really hate this blackberry and would like to switch it to my unlocked 8100 from t-mobile. Is it possible to switch without contacting BES corporate department by switching my sim card and changing redirect settings? We are using lotus notes. Please help.

thanks,

alex
    Just get the BES service for that phone. Then talk to you BES Admin and have them add your NEW phone to the list and your good to go.
    PIN: 204CFA3F