My first pearl died so my carrier gave me a replacement. How do I get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

changed pearls

Advertisement

My first pearl died so my carrier gave me a replacement. How do I get my 3rd party apps on the new one? Many were pin specific registrations. Can I restore them from my backup? Does the restore option allow you to choose what you want to restore or is it all or nothing?
    Thank you

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: changed pearls

If you restored it before if died then everything that was on there before will be there again. Yes the restore option lets you choose what you want to restore and what you don't want to restore. I don't know about the pin specific apps, just try and see if it works.

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

Will do, thanks!

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not sure about other carriers, but T-mobile will send them to you after they receive your old phone If you want them to. The representative said all I have to do is call a few days after I send the defective unit back to them and they could send them to my phone wirelessly if they have the device yet. But you should still try the Switch Device thing so you can have them now instead of later.