Is there any way to schedule different rings at different times of the day? During ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlr2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Change Ringtones by time of day?

Advertisement

Is there any way to schedule different rings at different times of the day? During the day in meetings I don't need an annoying loud ring, just a medium tone is fine (or even vibrate).

In the evenings the only calls I get are from my production support people and then only if I've missed a page - I'd like a louder more "alert" tone just from 11pm - 8am.

Anyone know if this is possible or if any applications exist for this purpose?

Thanks in advance!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Change Ringtones by time of day?

jlr2000 the only way I know how to do this is to make new exceptions in your profile.
    Under:

Profiles ->
    Advanced..->
    New Exception. Edit the way you would like.

If you have custom ringtones these show in the list of Exceptions.

As for them changing automatically to a set schedule I don't think there is a program for it. You would have to do this manually. Sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Hope this helps a little.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Reddog is soo right, you can change your tones for your mom your dad and your best girl, but as per the the time of day>> you just got to deal wit tem the last attitude you all left them wit the last time time you spoke to them!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I mean you could make a NEW profile for each time of day you would like your tones to change and change them through out the day but that would be the only solution i can think of. Also kinda a hassle. I have a hard of enough time changing it to vibrate when I'm at work and that's just one button!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

It would be great if there were a program to do this. It seems like anytime I accidently forget to put my ringer on vibrate at night, the next morning I inevitabley get a call at ungodly early hours the next morning waking me up.

Any programmers out there up for a challenge?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It would be very nice to have this capability. Might be some time though.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I know this idea is totally unacceptable, but just leave your BB out of listening range??

Or dare to be different and switch it off !!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    I know this idea is totally unacceptable, but just leave your BB out of listening range??

GAZAR-both nice ideas but I don't want to miss the calls, I just would like to change how I'm notified that they are coming in! I could also be real different and just not use a cell phone at all! But alas, a program to let me automate when it rang loud and vibrated would still be my ideal. All nice ideas though.

jlr2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by gazar

I'm actually trying to have it louder at night...so I don't miss a call. If I'm getting called at night it's a work emergency, and they couldn't get ahold of me by other means.

During the day I don't need an obnoxiously loud ring, a regular ring is fine....

Doesn't sound like there is any software out there to do this.....thanks for the responses...

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    jlr2000 the only way I know how to do this is to make new exceptions in your profile.
    Under:

Profiles ->
    Advanced..->
    New Exception. Edit the way you would like.

If you have custom ringtones these show in the list of Exceptions.

As for them changing automatically to a set schedule I don't think there is a program for it. You would have to do this manually. Sorry. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks! been looking all over for this information about modifying ringtones, just couldn't seem to find it....

Thanks!

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~same here... When I go to bed I switch my BB to phone only... Whenever I forget I am woken up by some dam spam... But I don't want to miss a call... If it could do this automatically it would be amazing! After all it does everything else automatically!