I've just moved to Europe, I've a 8100 pearl bought in USA with only English ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

antoniobar no está en línea Stack level 1

change language in 8100??? HELP

Advertisement

I've just moved to Europe, I've a 8100 pearl bought in USA with only English language inside, can I upload italian or french language? how?

thanks

Antonio

olivetwist no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAED7E

Re: change language in 8100??? HELP

you can add a few languages through the application loader on the blackberry desktop software

thank you, I've just tryied, but it says "the BB desktop software does not have BB device software for the device that you have connected to the pc." What does it mean? i've already the BB device software installed and working!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

antoniobar, Welcome to PinStack.

You have to have the OS for the BB installed on your PC also. This is so you can load the missing Language modules that you need. Hope this helps

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Antonio. Please let us know if you were able to get this working for you.

SWT6 no está en línea Stack level 1

[quote=antoniobar]I've just moved to Europe, I've a 8100 pearl bought in USA with only English language inside, can I upload italian or french language? how?

Antonio, I'm not sure this is what you are looking for but I'll give it a try:

Go to the set up icon (Setup Wizard).
    Scroll to Device Setup and select Language.
    Scroll down to Italiano and you're good to go.

I'm not sure if this option is included on U.S. phones, hopefully it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    antoniobar, Welcome to PinStack.

You have to have the OS for the BB installed on your PC also. This is so you can load the missing Language modules that you need. Hope this helps

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

ok, thank you, sorry for my incompetence! what does it mean to have the OS for the BB installed in the pc? I see in the CD user tool that there are files for different languages but they are not in alx format and the application loader doesnt permit to load it, where can I find those files? thank you again

Antonio

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

antonio,

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want is Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

This will help get set up. In the procedure to update your OS, be sure to put a checkmark only beside the Language Apps you want installed on your BB.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    antonio,

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want is Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

This will help get set up. In the procedure to update your OS, be sure to put a checkmark only beside the Language Apps you want installed on your BB.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

Thank you all guys! all it works perfectly now, I've solved all the problems and the pearl goes as a rocket!

best

Antonio

cbo
    cbo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242e5c24

how to get chinese on the 8320 curve

hi, pretty new to this phone.... but like it very much

i have tmobile service, how do i get my phone so it can read email msgs with chinese in them. I have the app version 4.2.2.180. Do i need to load a new os (that is chinese) on the phone in order to read and type in chinese? can i just download the 4.2.2.173 from taiwan, load on to my comp, and connect my phone? will that work?

chris
    chang