Hi, I'm new to this forum. I tried to search for this problem 1sy b4 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

uhtechie no está en línea Stack level 1

Change Icons on Home Page >>Newbie<<

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I tried to search for this problem 1sy b4 I decided to post a new thread but I wasn't able to find a answer. Maybe I am saying it wrong but I have like "shortcut" icons on my homepage on my BB pearl 8100 that I would like to change. I have the following shortcuts: 1. Setup Wizard 2. Messages 3. Call Log 4. Blackberry Messenger 5. Calendar 6. Applications Is there any way to change these to whatever shortcut I want (ex: like camera, address book, pictures, etc.)? Also I am using the Playstation 3 theme (Just F.Y.I)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Change Icons on Home Page >>Newbie<<

In your settings screen you don't have any option that says organize application or something like that ?

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

i seen it one time but now i can't find it, lol

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

are your little shortcuts along the bottom of the screen?

usually those five shortcuts are the first five on your list when you hit the little blackberry menu button on the left of your pearl in the middle.

hit that button, scroll all the way down and select "organize items" or something like that. when you choose that it gives you the option to click and move and place your shortcut icons on the list in whatever order you want them in. so lets say you want your shortcuts to be:

media, phonebook, calendar, opera mini, and options. just put those as your top 5 icons, after you are done back all the way out to the home screen and they should be the first 5 shortcuts that are on your screen.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi uhtechie, welcome to pinstack.

Take a look at sn1p3rs screen in his avatar, see the yellow BB symbol? Go there on your BB and scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see "organize applications". Let us know how it goes.

Ya'll answer back fast, lol Thanks for the luv...... I am using the com_plazmic_theme_PS3MK theme and I had to change it back to the zen theme to see that "organize Applications" icon. Hopefully when I change it back to ps3, it will keep my settings

nope it doesn't save my options when i change it back from zen to ps3 theme. Any suggestions??

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah each time you reset the custom settings you put everytime you change your whole phones theme, just click on the little blackberry button and find the icon that is for organizing items, and you should be able ot do the same thing...i think. sorry i haven't used the plazmic ps3 theme before. so im not familiar with the interface of it

clippie2o9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA0E9B

From your home screen click the menu button, all the icons should pop up, go to the icon you wish to put on your home screen and click the menu button, there should be an option to "move application" move that icon all the way to the top and it'll show up as one of your shortcuts on your home screen, only the top 5 icons will show up on your homescreen and the "applications" icon will always be there, hope this helps, let us know how it goes, welcome to the stacks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

THANKS clippie2o9!!! You are a Lifesaver!!!! I really like the PS3 theme and I thought I would have to change themes......

clippie2o9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA0E9B

Hey no problem, that's what we're here for!!