What are certificates and can they be deactivated? I am now getting a "The certificate ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Perk22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Certificate question

Advertisement

What are certificates and can they be deactivated? I am now getting a "The certificate has expired or is not yet valid. Would you like to continue, close the connection, or view the certificate for more information?" screen. If I don't hit continue fast enough, I get timed out from the server. It is a URL I do business on. Is this something I can fix by changing the settings on my BB or is it an issue on the URL server end?

Thanks alot,
    Perk

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Certificate question

This sounds like it's the actual certificate being presented to you by the service in question, not something on your handheld. If I read your description properly, the remote SSL cert has expired most likely.

Can you open the URL in a desktop web browser, like Firefox? If so, you can use the browser to View Certificate (exactly how depends which browser, dig around your menus 'n such) -- by viewing the certificate in a more friendly environment you can look at it's dates and see what's up.

hope this helps! If the URL to this service is public, paste it here and I'll look at it with you...