Is the internal GPS disabled? BB Maps and Telenav cannot detect.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lrdiaz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Cellular South 8130 GPS

Advertisement

Is the internal GPS disabled?
    BB Maps and Telenav cannot detect.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Probably - and here I was hoping that Verizon would stick out like a very very sore thumb - but maybe Cellular south followed their lead.

Did you check the GPS setting under your "options" and choose "device"
    ??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lrdiaz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, I did choose device. Their web site does not include GPS when describing the 8130 capabilities, so I would not be surprised. I'll just use my keychain puck. Otherwise, I am extremely happy with their service in the Greater Memphis area. I signed up for their Blackberry Plan, including 500 voice minutes, unlimited text, web, and email (BIS&BES) for $49 per month. The BB8130 was $99, and Cellular South will pay the early termination fee @ Sprint.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too have Cellular South and have had trouble with the GPS. I called CS tech support and they told me some bs about the signal being too weak and they were trying to work out the problem with RIM. I'm not sure I buy that because the other carriers seem to have it working. I guess time will tell. Other than that, I am very pleased with the carrier. I have the $99.99 plan which includes unlimited everything (minutes, long distance, roaming, text, data etc...).

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Update... I live on the MS Gulf Coast and had problems with the GPS. Went on a trip to Jackson and the GPS worked! Not sure if it will continue when I get back home, but I'm thrilled that I finally got to play with it some. Maybe CS updated something.I can only hope. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~