Does anyone know a leather case for the pearl that has a magnetic thing on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

Case

Advertisement

Does anyone know a leather case for the pearl that has a magnetic thing on it so when u put it in to the case, the pearl turns the backlight off and when you take it out, the backlight turns back on?

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

Re: Case

i got one that came with mine (tmobile) might wanna try ebay or a tmobile store??

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tmo or cingy store. Or even mall kiosks.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo

Tmo or cingy store. Or even mall kiosks.
    I tried this yesterday and the cases they had did not fit my Pearl.

Oh ok. That case is on www.primacases.com

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i think he is talking about this case ($20 at tmo store)

i used it for a couple months. it puts your phone to sleep. but there are several cases out there that will put it to sleep. look around at blackberry accessory stores to see one that you might like the best.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Ya well I've bought two pouches with the magnet sleeper function in them. Both from mall kiosks. One in Austin and one in cali. One vertical and one horizontal. Both with clips. Both around 25$ to 30$

Good luck. If you can wait for it to be shipped I'd try eBay like gixxer suggested. Will be much cheaper. Bought the bb oem vertical pouch on eBay and was like 10$ plus shipping.

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    i think he is talking about this case ($20 at tmo store)

i used it for a couple months. it puts your phone to sleep. but there are several cases out there that will put it to sleep. look around at blackberry accessory stores to see one that you might like the best.
    yup ^^^ thats the one that came with mine... i guess u mean when it sleeps it goes into lock mode? cuz i have mine set so when it goes in the holster/case it locks automatically. pretty nice case i think so.
    Last edited by gixxer frog; 05-27-2007 at 02:07 AM.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah, i liked it for a while. you can't swivel how it sits on your hip though, and being leather, it's a little thicker than some others.

seidio has this one, which i like. (picture below) it has a magnet built in so it "sleeps" (just turns off the screen; it won't lock unless you set it that way). just my disclaimer against seidio - the clip swivels, but "clicks" so it stops either horizontal, vertical or in between, which is nice. however, after about 2 months, mine stopped clicking, so it freely swiveled, so it could only stay horizontal on my belt. they have a 6 month warranty, and will replace it for you. just don't know about the durability for the products - and its $30. just wanted to show you another option that you may prefer over the TMO one.

Attachment 4319

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer frog
    yup ^^^ thats the one that came with mine... i guess u mean when it sleeps it goes into lock mode? cuz i have mine set so when it goes in the holster/case it locks automatically. pretty nice case i think so.
    How did you all get lucky and get a case WITH your Pearls? I had to BUY mine

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Case

This is the case that came with mine... although the stitching on mine black.
    http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...equestid=15836
    The case is a Blackberry case made for the Pearl.

Best of Luck

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i've been trying to find a convenient holster myself... and am still having a tough time choosing one... i remember being able to find the OEM swivel holster for $19.99 somewhere, but i'm not quite sure if that's going to be convenient, what with having to pull the cover strap off before being able to pull the phone out...

i was thinking about one of those seidio inward-facing ones... but they look a bit cheap for $30....

Tomuch no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought a Black Lambskin Leather 8100 Pearl Pouch case from gizmoskin right after getting my pearl and have been really happy with it. Swivals to horizontal or vertical with very positive clicks, has magnets for sleep feature and the quality of the materials and craftsmanship I would rate as excellant.

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

hey cosstel that is perfect that is the kind i'm looking for and when it goes into the holster the backlight turns off, i have a question will it matter what company i have, cuz i have t-mobile that has cingular does it matter?

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/284?type=0 I like this one. I have a book style one from them and it is great. If you want to order one there is a 30% coupon code floating around either this board or another.