Results 1 to 14 of 14

Is there a way to keep caps lock on permently when texting... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    naree's Avatar
    naree no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    41

    caps lock?

    Advertisement



    Is there a way to keep caps lock on permently when texting

  2. #2
    Juls3412's Avatar
    Juls3412 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    55
    What device do you have? For the Curve you press your ALT and the right shift key.

  3. #3
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by naree View Post
    Is there a way to keep caps lock on permently when texting
    yikes! YELLING ALL THE TIME?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by naree View Post
    Is there a way to keep caps lock on permently when texting
    If you have QWERTY, alt/right shift key. SureType was not designed to have Caps Lock, but there is a way to hack it in: Hold down the right caps key, press the green send key twice, then the escape key. (Don't laugh, stackers and stackettes, it works!)

  5. #5
    naree's Avatar
    naree no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks So Much It Works!!

  6. #6
    naree's Avatar
    naree no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    41
    Oh Yeah I Forgot To Mention I Have A Blackberry Pearl 8100

  7. #7
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388
    I just take to god damn long to read and reply to posts. I swear I knew the answer to that question! Lol. As a side note.. Keep in mind, that if you plan to type all in caps, in this forum just like in all over the web basically , it means shouting. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #8
    Dvl636_BB's Avatar
    Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Posts
    116
    What I do is hold the CAP key down with my right thumb nail and text with my left thumb...... even though I'm right handed. Otherwise you'll end up thumb-twisted lol. Oh and not safe to do if you're driving since you have no choice but steer with ur knee

    ~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #9
    Mr_Carter's Avatar
    Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvl636_BB View Post
    What I do is hold the CAP key down with my right thumb nail and text with my left thumb...... even though I'm right handed. Otherwise you'll end up thumb-twisted lol. Oh and not safe to do if you're driving since you have no choice but steer with ur knee

    ~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol. That was a very funny post. Loved it. I'm sure must be hard controling your steering with your knees. You must be very talented.

  10. #10
    Dvl636_BB's Avatar
    Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Posts
    116
    Hehehe thanks. I actually avoid using the knee as much as possible. But once in a while when all alone on a stretch of highway I just can't help it. Two thumbs are so much faster than one.

    ~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #11
    penk's Avatar
    penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by naree View Post
    Oh Yeah I Forgot To Mention I Have A Blackberry Pearl 8100
    FYI - you can list your device model in the profile of your Control Panel here on PINStack. then in a situation like this, a stacker can glance to the left and see what handset you have (if you forget to mention it).

    the more complete your profile the easier we can help.

    cheers!

  12. #12
    penk's Avatar
    penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    SureType was not designed to have Caps Lock, but there is a way to hack it in: Hold down the right caps key, press the green send key twice, then the escape key. (Don't laugh, stackers and stackettes, it works!)
    be aware though, stackers and stackettes, that the SPACE-SPACE auto period breaks during this, as does ALT-based punctuation (you'll need to access the character map via the SYM key). navigation via scroll is also wonky, but to "exit" the "hack" just hit ESC.

  13. #13
    amcat's Avatar
    amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    213
    Last edited by amcat; 08-22-2008 at 09:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Dvl636_BB's Avatar
    Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by penk View Post
    FYI - you can list your device model in the profile of your Control Panel here on PINStack. then in a situation like this, a stacker can glance to the left and see what handset you have (if you forget to mention it)
    Why can't I see this info when on the wap pages though my BB but I do see people's PINs? And I do see model info when on the forums on a PC.

    ~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •