When looking at my list of unread email, I can select a group by holding ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rlerwin no está en línea Stack level 1

Caps Lock?

Advertisement

When looking at my list of unread email, I can select a group by holding the Caps button and reolling the trackball. A couple times I've somehow gotten the Caps to lock so I don't have to hold it down. Very convenient, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it.....totally by accident. I've perused the Shortcuts and don't see anything about a Caps Lock. Anyone know how to set it to lock?

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Caps Lock?

i think you can just hold the CAPS button for a period of time and it will stay locked. correct me if i'm wrong though.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty
    i think you can just hold the CAPS button for a period of time and it will stay locked. correct me if i'm wrong though.
    tried to do that in the body of the email and it didnt work for me. what did work was holding down the letter key of choice and it changed from lower to upper.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

If anyone is interested, I figured out how I was making my Caps lock in the "on" position and therefore able to select many emails from my list without holding the Caps button down. It isn't pretty, but it works. Hit the Shift key and then hit the Send key. It will take you to the Calls screen, but just back out of it....and ta-da you now are locked. To unlock, hit the Caps button once.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

perhaps it is just yours... mine doesn't lock when i do this.... or maybe it is just mine! lol
    SMO ;-)

It could be just mine! I'm just happy that I figured it out because I would lock it accidentally. Something about being slung around in my purse, most likely.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rlerwin
    It could be just mine! I'm just happy that I figured it out because I would lock it accidentally. Something about being slung around in my purse, most likely.
    It isn't just yours...this did work on mine also but I just noticed recently since I upgraded to .96 os I haven't been able to do it. Damn BB I wish they would add a caps lock...you know there are times I wanna yell at someone without hitting the damned shift key for each letter.

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    You have to hold the caps key and hit the green send key TWICE to get to the phone screen. Then back out and the caps will be locked on. But, there has to be an easier way.

Thanatos504 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by backdraft999 View Post
    You have to hold the caps key and hit the green send key TWICE to get to the phone screen. Then back out and the caps will be locked on. But, there has to be an easier way.
    I wish, but there is no actual Caps lock shortcut...the method you just described is the only one.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ive done a caps lock aswell. Yet I don't know how I did it....but I really don't think I hit the call button twice