ok ive been tryin to find out how to do this the pas couple days, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

T3UF no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3026ED6E

cap lock

Advertisement

ok ive been tryin to find out how to do this the pas couple days, is there a way to enable cap lock on the 8100

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

Re: cap lock

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think so, but it is a little annoying hitting the shift button for every letter....

PIN/ID
    3026ED6E

doh i guess i shoulda searched first, i thought i did already, ive searched for alot of stuff since joining i dont remember hehehe....... sorry.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

You can press & hold a letter to capitalize it, but I don't know if that is any easier than shifting each time. However, I remember reading about a trick somewhere (sorry, can't remember where, but kudos to the person who came up with it!):

Press & HOLD the shift key. Then press the Green "Send" button twice to get to the dialing screen. Then let go of both buttons. Press the "Back" key to return to the screen where you were typing. And CAPS will be locked! Press the shift key twice to return to regular mode.

You have to be careful with Suretype in CAPS mode though. It wants to guess State and other abbreviations before common words. Makes sense. It's also hard to enter punctuation this way.
    Last edited by NickAC; 01-28-2008 at 01:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    3026ED6E

Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    You can press & hold a letter to capitalize it, but I don't know if that is any easier than shifting each time. However, I remember reading about a trick somewhere (sorry, can't remember where, but kudos to the person who came up with it!):

Press & HOLD the shift key. Then press the Green "Send" button twice to get to the dialing screen. Then let go of both buttons. Press the "Back" key to return to the screen where you were typing. And CAPS will be locked! Press the shift key twice to return to regular mode.

You have to be careful with Suretype in CAPS mode though. It wants to guess State and other abbreviations before common words. Makes sense. It's also hard to enter punctuation this way.

cool cool thanks im gonna try that.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Neat trick.. I accidentally called my finace's work 3 times though

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

LOL - yeah, I accidentally did the same thing too. You have to press the Send key deliberately and stop once you get to the dialing screen or else it will dial!