Hello, I just got my pearl and I am having trouble browsing chinese web pages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bunnybunbun no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't view chinese font? Please Help!!

Advertisement

Hello, I just got my pearl and I am having trouble browsing chinese web pages like, yahoo hong kong, any other chinese sites. All the chinese words load up as blue blocks. I have try yo change the encoding to big5 and all other chinese font the phone listed under encoding, but it still doesn't work. Please, can someone help a newbie out? Thank you.

P.S. I have use the seach button and seem like other people have no problem viewing chinese, maybe I am just not doing the right thing, but please help.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Can't view chinese font? Please Help!!

I dont think the pearl has multi-language support otherwise I would recommend changing the language, try searching for an OS that has mult-language support. I'll see if I can find anything

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack bunnynunbun.

Im not sure if this helps, but you can check here... handango.com

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

It works! There is an OS version released by a Hong Kong telecom company that includes Simple and Traditional Chinese fonts. You could install that OS version to get it. Or you could download that OS, remove the COD files for the new fonts, and load just those.

Or better yet: Someone could do it for you! Like this guy did!

http://iceycake.blogspot.com/2006/10...biles-rim.html

Go there, and follow his simple instructions for installing Simplified and Traditional Chinese fonts onto your 8100. Now, I haven't tried this myself, so I can't say for SURE that it works, but I suspect it will. I'll probably try it myself this evening, just for fun, so if you have trouble, let us know, and I'll see if I can troubleshoot tonight.

(It should be noted that these fonts are read-only... They still don't include an input method for chinese)

peace,
    sam

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by phidauex
    It works! There is an OS version released by a Hong Kong telecom company that includes Simple and Traditional Chinese fonts. You could install that OS version to get it. Or you could download that OS, remove the COD files for the new fonts, and load just those.

Or better yet: Someone could do it for you! Like this guy did!

http://iceycake.blogspot.com/2006/10...biles-rim.html

Go there, and follow his simple instructions for installing Simplified and Traditional Chinese fonts onto your 8100. Now, I haven't tried this myself, so I can't say for SURE that it works, but I suspect it will. I'll probably try it myself this evening, just for fun, so if you have trouble, let us know, and I'll see if I can troubleshoot tonight.

(It should be noted that these fonts are read-only... They still don't include an input method for chinese)

peace,
    sam

good job I knew someone would come along with an answer

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

Just wanted to say that I installed the two font CODs without trouble, and it seems to work well.

-sam

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

They work for me, and I have TMO...