I am fairly new to BB, and I could not find the info I need ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gilly32 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't validate email address

I am fairly new to BB, and I could not find the info I need through the forum search funtion, so I thought I would throw myself at your mercy. I received the following e-mail today on my BB Pearl:

"This email account is no longer accesible by your BB device. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account. To resume receiving email from this address, login to your BB Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account."

First, I did not change my password. When I log into my account, it tells me my email address is invalid. When I try to validate it, I receive an error message that states, "We are unable to validate your email account. Would you like to type the correct information?"

When I type in the info that I believe is correct, It tells me there was a problem, try again. I have done this several times to no avail. My phone provider is AT & T.

Will a reset fix this? Do I need to contact AT&T? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Can't validate email address

This is what I just posted in another forum:

One at a time (three times so far), my Pearl is getting a message from RIM that a particular email account password is not valid. I go to the BIS setup and it won't allow the password to be changed to the correct one. I can delete the account, then recreate it with the password and no problem. Funny thing is, the password has not changed, but RIM thinks it has. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm in central Arkansas, if that matters.

Try what I did and see if it fixes it for you.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

i personally had the same issue but even deleteing and readding it didnt fix the issue. I all together added the same email address with a different ending extension cause my email ends with with 2 different extensions but same mailbox
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

mish2brivero no está en línea Stack level 1

Same exact thing happened to me today. I'm also with AT&T. I'm going to try deleting it and re-adding it. Hope it works!

bleep49 Guest

you know the exact same thing happend to me yesterday. I got the email in the morning at work. Through out the dat at work it kept trying to verify and nothing. kept getting the same error. Then like around 7:00 pm. pacific time i just went back to personal email setup and tried to verify and it worked. Hopefully you will get it to work.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator

Was if for your yahoo account?

From time to time yahoo changes my damn password for some stupid reason. So I have to go through the pain of getting a new password and then changing if back.