After doing windows update a couple of days ago, I can no long sync my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hjcrooks no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't sync after doing windows updates

Advertisement

After doing windows update a couple of days ago, I can no long sync my contacts and calender. Everytime it gets to that point it beeps and just stops, not errors. I saw that part of the update was the new SP1 for office 2007. Does anyone have any idea's. I am using Blackberry desktop ver. 4.3.0.15
    The phone is a Verizon wireless Pearl. Everything worked fined prior to me doning the updates to microsoft. Thanks

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Can't sync after doing windows updates

If needed just uninstall the updates for Office and see if that was the cause. When you find the one that caused it, uncheck it when doing the updates so it does not install. If it was an update that caused it then also report it to M$ so they can fix it.

Thanks I will try it , the only real problem is that sp1 can't be uninstalled but I will try to remove the others

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

I did not look at my SP1 office 2003 update for an uninstall and I won't be at my home PC until Monday.

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2

Another thing I'd recommend, if the suggestions above do not work... Check your Synchronization settings in Desktop Manager. You may also want to check the log, by going to 'View Log' in the Configuration tab for Synchronize. I wonder if it may at least tell you where the process is ending. And ultimately, try to uninstall/reinstall Desktop Manager possibly. Make sure you remove any Desktop Manager settings when performing the Uninstall process as well..

After further troubleshooting .. i have found that I can sync my contacts, but the calender wont sync. The logs dont show any information or error. I uninstalledthe desktop manager, and that didnt help. I un installed all the updates i did, and still doesnt work. SP1 for office 2007 can't be uninstalled. I guess is that it changed something. I saw notes about reg edits, does anyone know what they are or if they might apply here. Thanks

I pulled this error from the system
    faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0

I solved my problem.
    under the Options menu, Advanced Options, Default Services
    I changed the Default email account under Calendar(CICAL) to the blackberry.net account instead of my gmail account. My Messaging (CMIME) is still my gmail account. But now my outlook calendar and contacts are syncing fine.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

hjcrooks... I've read sooooo many posts with others crying that they are having the same problem... hopefully they'll find your post.
    I tried your fix, worked great! Dunno what changed as it used to sync my calendar fine...
    Thanks!

Glad to hear that my solution helped someone else .