I bought a user Blackberry Pearl in Germany recently and I will be using it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ctterry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question can't set user options

Advertisement

I bought a user Blackberry Pearl in Germany recently and I will be using it regularly when I visit, staying about five weeks each year. The pearl has a T Mobile SIM lock and calls and SMS features work well when I'm there. I am having a serious problem however with certain options that I can't set the way I want. Examples include, the inability to set the phone to recognizable in the Bluetooth options, or the the inability to remove password protection. Each of the options that I can't change is marked with a little red padlock icon on the phone. The seller is unresponsive and T Mobile couldn't solve the problem after hours of telephone calls. RIM doesn't answer my questions at all. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with this problem, and can you suggest a solution? If I can't unlock the phones features, I'm going to have to sell it and buy something new.

Thanks,

ct

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Re: can't set user options

Hello, and welcome to the stacks!
    Is there an IT Policy attached to the phone? To check: Options>Security Options>General Settings, and if there is one, then you will see it under services.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: can't set user options

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here ya go. This'll work.
    http://www.voicecareaustralia.com.au...er/blackberry/

ctterry no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: can't set user options

I've followed the link to Unlocking the Blackberry and it looks like the ticket.

thanks,

ct