Hi all, I'm a new member to pinstack. Lately I have been unable to receive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moisha no está en línea Stack level 1

Question can't receive mms messages

Advertisement

Hi all, I'm a new member to pinstack. Lately I have been unable to receive MMS messages on my pearl. In its place, i receive a text message saying "could not retieve content. try again later". It tells me the estimated download size, i.e. size=26k, and gives me an expiry date which is usually 3 days later. I have called Vodafone and they say its a known fault and that blackberry are supposedly creating a fix for this. Does anyone know about this?

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: can't receive mms messages

do you have a data plan? you can't get any mms's without one

drmdub no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20562fd8

maybe one of the experts could better explain how to do this but, I was having this same problem not too long ago and it was because I didn't have the MMS servicebook.

to get it I had to re-register my blackberry on the network by pressing menu>options>advanced options>host routing table and highlighting the entry that was bold and pressing menu and told it to 'Register Now'

I got a sms message from my provider saying my bb was registered with the network and I went to check my service books by pressing menu>options>advanced options>service book and saw that there were a lot more entries in there now.

That's what solved my MMS issue.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know if anyone is still having this problem, but I just spoke with T-Mobile and they said they had to add some package called a Blackberry Data Enabler or something like that. This should allow us to receive MMS messages.

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2

Justin, can you go into any further detail about your experience with this issue? I too am a T-Mobile customer and my MMS's have been giving me hell! I get empty messages that just say "Class: Personal", messages fail to send. When I delete the service book and resend it that usually only works for a day. Tell me more about your troubles and how you resolved it.

westc0ast no está en línea Stack level 1

t-mobile has something called a (blackberry feature enabler) if you dont want to pay for a data plan. the feature is free but you have to call to get it enabled.this will let you send and receive mms.hope this helps.

renoken no está en línea Stack level 1

What if you are out of the state? Is there any downloadable solution for receiving mms?

blueraven82 no está en línea Stack level 1

This may not help you, but with Optus in Australia - you need to physically send an MMS message from your BB before MMS is enabled properly. From there on, you can receive MMS messages.

You could try giving that a go.

HomerSimpsonLuv no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, with T-mobile, you can get the enabler for free.
    But it doesnt completely guarantee youll always be able to recieve pictures.
    there are more than a handful of times where I get the "class: personal" blank picture message.
    its really annoying!

stevendupreez no está en línea Stack level 1

im with optus in australia and i dont have a send mms option by the look of things? i dont have a data plan but was wondering if this option is hidden or how to send the initial mms.

any help appreciated!

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931

I have ATT and can't get SMS or MMS and haven't for quite awhile. I do have PTT for free though. I can't send or receive anything other than BB messenger.

aileen627 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have ATT and there is no option to Compose MMS text. I purchased this phone assuming MMS would come standard, since this is a new phone.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Do you have a data plan??

missladavis no está en línea Stack level 1

You won't be able to get MMS messages without a Blackberry Plan and the cheapest one that Cingular offers is 39.99...their ripping their customers off. I was really upset about this mishap too.