I can't seem to be able to plug my pearl to a aux speaker. Has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jjbblackbery no está en línea Stack level 2

can't play my mp3 from my pearl on aux plug in

Advertisement

I can't seem to be able to plug my pearl to a aux speaker. Has anybody been able to do this? I have been to Radio shack for hardware and they say they don't have a plug in adaptor that will work( for my 8100). I have brought one on line and that didn't work.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: can't play my mp3 from my pearl on aux plug in

Are you using the 2.5mm headphone jack?
    Seidio has one that works for headphones if that's what you're talking about.
    look here
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=529

yes Iam using 2.5 headphone jack, but the one's I have aren't working for some reason.So Seidio works for you ? what are you plugging it in to.

I went to the web site and that seem to be the same one I have! It did say especialy for 8100. I also notice that they also direct me to this AUDIO-OUT COUPLER ?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Sorry I don't use one. Many people have bought it and said it worked just fine. I'm not sure about he audio-out coupler though.

How many rings on the plug does it have? Does it look like the one in the pic? There's something really quirky with the pearl since it has a mic in. I think it has something to do with that.

I see the differents, the 2 that I have has only 2 rings and the picture has 3
    Thanks for all the help! I will get the three ring one and see if I can get this to work
    Thanks again

DONATO no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jjbblackbery
    I see the differents, the 2 that I have has only 2 rings and the picture has 3
    Thanks for all the help! I will get the three ring one and see if I can get this to work
    Thanks again
    Just bought a new car with the aux jack and having the same issues with the converter. Did you get the one through sedio? did it work? any feedback will be appreicated.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

the pearl uses a 4 ring jack design, one of them being for the mic and voice-activated dialing, while the other three are the two stereo channels and ground. most ministereos are 3 ring: two audio channels and a ground. this is why it's so hard to find a working adaptor.

from what i've been told (see this post), the seidio adaptor is "made specificlly to handle the 4 ring blackberry jack."