Shouldn't I just be able to hit the green phone button to answer a call ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

uncleleo no está en línea Stack level 1

Why can't I pick up a call when the phone is in standby mode? Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Shouldn't I just be able to hit the green phone button to answer a call when i have the phone in standby mode?

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Why can't I pick up a call when the phone is in standby mode? Pearl 8100

Uncleleo,

Welcome to Pinstack. As for your problem with your Pearl. This is a issue some of the older OS have if your version is older or below than 4.2.0.71

This can be found under >>Options >> About -- Third Line

Another way of resolving this issue would be to do a battery pull that works sometimes as well but there is a possibility of it repeating the issue again later.

Most people would recommend upgrading your OS if you aren't up to date.

I hope this helps.

Mine says v4.2.0.73

I did a battery pull, and that seemed to work, but when i put it in the hip holser, the magnet seemed to unlock from standby. i guess i can always just lock the keyboard. Thanks for your help.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

uncleleo - i would def recommend using the keyboard lock (holding down the * for a couple of seconds) if you don't have a holster that locks/puts in standby.

What kind of holster locks/put it into standby? I noticed that the magnet that closes the holster takes it out of standby...maybe? Could that be it? Magnet activated?

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

there is a setting somewhere in your options where you can enable/disable your pearl's ability to automatically lock when in the holster... this may conflict with being able to push the green button to answer calls while holstered.

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know this happened to me too... Stand by mode saves a lot of battery usage but I think it is just the os consider updating? And btw is .71 the latest for your company?

Willie115 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes the holster does get put into stand by mode using magnets... here are some pictures showing my do it yourself magnet holster

What you do is align the things I circled with a magnet, make it stay on any way you like and there you have it.

Since I have to be Stack Level 2 (lame) xD to put the URL just fill in the . when i put DOT and / when i put SLASH

imgDOTphotobucketDOTcomSLASHalbumsSLASHv256SLASHFi nalfantsypepSLASH2400004DOTjpg

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T