Suddenly, my Pearl says "Unable to display file/devicememory/home/user/pictures/" I have taken the battery out. How ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TrooBug no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't Open My Pictures

Advertisement

Suddenly, my Pearl says "Unable to display file/devicememory/home/user/pictures/" I have taken the battery out. How do you do a "hard restart?" Any suggestions?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Can't Open My Pictures

A hard reset should be the very last thing you should do, and if you're gonna do it make sure to back everything up on your PC. I don't know if this will work, but once I put a corrupt MP3 on my SD, didn't know what it was so I had to erase everything I put on my SD that day. Maybe that's the case. But get other people's input or call Customer Care before you choose to do a Hard Reset, that should always be the last thing you do.

Thanks...I erased my SD...that didn't fix it. I noticed I cannot open the video .avi that is preloaded on my Pearl, either. I downloaded a free MobiPocket Reader....could that be the problem?

PIN/ID
    n/a

TO be honest I'm not familiar with that App. Are you still able to listen to your MP3s or view any other videos.

My Pearl is new...so I do not have much on it. I will try to get some music on my SD and see if I can listen. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    n/a

You bought it new? Any chance its a refurbished one. Well if you can't listen to your MP3s its either something wrong with your SD or with your phone in general. If no one else repsonds to this (cuz I'm not a tech), call customer care. Good luck, hope everything works out.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hi Troobug, were you able to view your media prior to the install of the recent App?
    If so, I would uninstall it and see if you can view media, and then you know what the cause of
    your problem is.
    Be sure to do a backup as Justyn suggested. Backups are always recommended. I do
    one at least once a week for all my data on my Curve.
    Let us know if this helps.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

or you can update your dm, the dm installation disc.........had so many bugs. Im on ATT and it had a useless dm disc. But as suggested by justyn and lava follow their advice as well. good luck let us know!

I went to att.com/bbdownloads. I downloaded v4.o and the corresponding DM updates. Geez...it took hours! And I have a hi speed cable connection....

I can now open my pictures. Thanks for the back-up advice, everyone....my Cingular/AT&T guy did a total restart and I didn't lose anything....

However, I have a Kingston 2G SD..and DM does not see it. The Pearl sees it, but I cannot put any music on it from my PC.....the Pearl displays outgoing green arrows when I look at it in the Media folder....?? The SD comes with an adapter.....but I do not have an orifice on my PC that accepts this adapter....I just put it in my Pearl...it slipped right in...I feel confident that I have it in correctly....I think...

Any suggestions?

Heh....sorry I am such a dope...can't seem to put one foot in front of the other, eh???

TrooBug

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check out the mini FAQ up top. Should be #7.