Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello everyone,this is my first post.I am a new Blackberry Pearl owner....so I'm still in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Brian71 no está en línea Stack level 1

can't open email attachments

Advertisement

hello everyone,this is my first post.I am a new Blackberry Pearl owner....so I'm still in the learning process...help me if you can.

I am unable to open email attachments with my BB Pearl.I have already re-downloaded new software,and have even done a master reset.It still dosn't give me an option to open any attachments.
    Can someone give me some advice please ?

also,could someone please tell me how to download videos into my Pearl after I have used the web video generator ? I have tried to follow the simple instructions several times,but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Re: can't open email attachments

hey brian and welcome to the stacks...

here is a link for videos http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_8100_a.html

also in your email when you open it on you BB at the top underneath the sending info in brackets it should say for example [2 attachments]

click on this then it will give you a few options click something that says full image

hope this might help

and good luck

When I click on the attachment,it does not give any option to view the attachment...the only options that it gives is: COPY,REPLY,FORWARD,REPLY TO ALL,DELETE & FULL MENU.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Scroll down farther on the page and try again. I sometimes get the same thing when I haven't scrolled down far enough. I usually just scroll to the bottom of the opened e-mail and then click the trackball to get the open attatchment option.

I tried it....still nothing...it dosn't give me any options what so ever to open or view the attachment.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack Brian,

What OS are you running?

I just downloaded the latest version...or so thats what the tech at AT&T told me.

pmontana no está en línea Stack level 1

I just noticed my Pearl is having the same problem. I know I was able to open attachments last week. A couple of days ago, I upgraded to v4.2.1.154/4.2.1.96 (previously had .71) and today I upgraded to 4.2.1.164/4.2.1.101. With both versions, I could not open attachments. Content protection is turned off. And during my 4.2.1.96 upgrade, it failed so I had to reload the OS from scratch.

We're testing a new Cisco VoIP and I first noticed when one of my co-workers sent me a voicemail in my Inbox. The Pearl should be able to open these (post 4.1 SP2) but I couldn't. Then I started emailing other attachments like Word and Excel and I couldn't open those either.

It's like the Pearl doesn't know there are attachments because in the Messages folder I thought the icon for emails w/ attachments had a paperclip. None of my test attachment emails show that difference, they are all like normal email messages.

We just upgraded our 7 BES to SP3 last week so who knows. I'll talk to my co-workers who have 7290's to see if they're seeing any issues.

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2

What are the extensions to the attachements you are trying to open, not all attachements are supported by the pearl?

pmontana no está en línea Stack level 1

Brian71, I don't know if this will fix your issue but I just figured out what my problem was. When I installed the last 2 versions of the OS, for whatever reason, not all install options were selected. I don't remember this ever being a problem with past OS upgrades but whatever.

I just plugged in my Pearl to my PC, went into Desktop Manager, and double clicked on Application Loader. BlackBerry Attachment Service, BlackBerry Maps, etc. were not checked. I checked all the options that I wanted, then clicked Next.

Those options installed, reset my Pearl and after that, no problem opening attachments at all. FYI, you can't go back to previous emails and try to open attachments, it will however work on new ones that you receive.

I hope this is your case as well cuz it's an easy fix.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Brian71
    hello everyone,this is my first post.I am a new Blackberry Pearl owner....so I'm still in the learning process...help me if you can.

I am unable to open email attachments with my BB Pearl.I have already re-downloaded new software,and have even done a master reset.It still dosn't give me an option to open any attachments.
    Can someone give me some advice please ?

also,could someone please tell me how to download videos into my Pearl after I have used the web video generator ? I have tried to follow the simple instructions several times,but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    connect ur phone to ur computer open DM and install blackberry attachment service. Thats what i feel is the solution to ur problem.

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

I started desktop manager and there was no such option, for attachment service. I had to reinstall the updated software on desktop manager. Then follow the steps that are listed above. It wont let me open old attachments but allows me to open new email attachments.
    Great post
    Last edited by thestewside; 08-31-2007 at 12:05 PM.

mizflaca no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem but i have the 8700g and when i upgraded to the os 4.2 i cant open my attachments...do i have to change a setting or sumthing?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

attachment service WILL be located in the applications list if your OS is installed on your PC.

is the option to open attachment there on your bb?

mizflaca no está en línea Stack level 1

no just find/copy/mark unopen/save/reply/foward/fowardas/reply to all/delete/previous item/next unopen/stwich app/and close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast