Hi, I had facebook running normally but since i had uninstalled bb messenger and the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

doggo1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question can't install facebook on downgraded 8130

Advertisement

Hi, I had facebook running normally but since i had uninstalled bb messenger and the only way i found to get it back was updating the OS, i had to update the OS to 4.5. everything was ok but when i tried to use facebook the icon was gone so i went back to OS 4.3. now when i try to download facebook it says something like "facebook is not supported for the device" I am now running the OS version i was running in the first place so i should be able to download facebook but i can't :-( please help me!

do i need to reinstall the OS again? or what do i need to do? thank you!

excuse me if my english is bad

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, facebook was just updated, I suppose it is possible that it is for 4.5 and higher only....but I'm not sure. Where are you downloading it from? Try these steps:

1. On your BB go to Browser/Menu/Options/Browser Configuration and be sure the Browser emulation mode is set to BlackBerry

2. Clear your browser cache

3. Go to http://mobile.blackberry.com and there will be a link there for the 1.6 version of facebook.

If it still doesn't load, post back with the exact error message and we will try to advse you further
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

doggo1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile it worked

Thanks for your reply azstar, it worked. It seems my browser settings were wrongs for some reason i had netscape emulation, so i fixed that and i was able to download the facebook app thanks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    NP, glad you got it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~