All of a sudden I'm not able to hear on the handset of my blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sybdog no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't hear unless on speaker or headset

Advertisement

All of a sudden I'm not able to hear on the handset of my blackberry pearl-- if i turn on speaker it works, but not when i switch it back to the handset. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Can't hear unless on speaker or headset

This is a common issue that could be caused by multiple things. First off the easy one take the wired earpiece and plug it in. Pull the battery with the phone on and while battery out unplug the earpiece reassemble and try it out. If that does not work reload the OS. here is a link on where to get OS and how to load the os http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

Red Car no está en línea Stack level 1

hv experienced the same thing....the volume level at default is minimum hence on switching bk to handset mode u cant hear...try increasing the vol by toggling the + button on the side..hv still not figured out how to set the default vol higher!

sondeesrider no está en línea Stack level 1

Had that problem with my first one called the provider and because of many people having the same problem they replaced mine for free. Check with your cell provider mine was cingular/att&T and they replaced for free.

richmina no está en línea Stack level 1

I agree. I need help with my T-mobile phone. I have no sound either. I reset the battery, also did a hard reset, AND loaded the latest OS and it still doesn't work. HELP !!

How can I do a master-reset on T-mobile Pearl? (I can't contact T-mobile technical support since I am now using AT&T serivce on a unlocked T-Mobile phone.)

Is it a problem with the master T-Mobile software embedded in the pearl?

Please help if you are a BB technical guru.

Thanks, Rich

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by richmina
    I agree. I need help with my T-mobile phone. I have no sound either. I reset the battery, also did a hard reset, AND loaded the latest OS and it still doesn't work. HELP !!

How can I do a master-reset on T-mobile Pearl? (I can't contact T-mobile technical support since I am now using AT&T serivce on a unlocked T-Mobile phone.)

Is it a problem with the master T-Mobile software embedded in the pearl?

Please help if you are a BB technical guru.

Thanks, Rich
    To do a wipe handheld you go to menu, options, security, general settings, menu, wipe handheld.
    As far as the OS, when you reload the software it erases and replaces the software completely. This is a s/w based issue according to RIM that has not been corrected yet. A proper reload of the software should take care of it.

jeremyblaze no está en línea Stack level 2

Common issue. Tmobile had to replace 2 phones for me because of this. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

goldntee99 no está en línea Stack level 1

^^^^^ Ditto. 2 for me and have a friend whose had 3 die from the same problem.