My friend just called me for some tech support and I can't help him, so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tinmaine no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't Hear Ringing??

Advertisement

My friend just called me for some tech support and I can't help him, so I came here. He has a Blackberry Pearl, and when he calls someone, he cannot hear the ringing on the other end, but he CAN hear when they answer. So it's not a speaker problem. He says there's just silence, and then they answer, but he cannot hear the rings. Any suggestions?

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Re: Can't Hear Ringing??

im not as techy as some of the other ppl on here but i would say to make sure when he is in a call...on the right side of the pearl make sure that when he is in a call to press that top button a couple of times to make sure that volume is up all of way...

tinmaine no está en línea Stack level 1

The volume itself doesn't seem to be a problem, just the ring volume. Are those two separate things? Can you adjust the volume of the outgoing ring separate from the volume after they answer?

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

not that i am aware of at the moment...all i can tell is to make sure you do the above and also go to profiles>advanced>loud> and then make sure all of the settings are set to the loudest possible but i still dont think there is a way to change the volume of the ring in the ear during the call

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

When i make calls on my pearl, the ringing is almost silent, this is always been this way for me at least, i have to just trust that my call is going through. Anyone else have the same?

chadasause no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same problem here

timusca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F9ACE8

The ringing you hear when calling someone else isn't ACTUALLY the ringing - its just a tone sent to your phone from your carrier to let you know the call is connecting.

My guess is that your phone is not receiving that signal and call tech support for your carrier about it. Its most likely a problem with the phone itself.