When I get a call or make a call I have to put it on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acesII no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204AED01

Can't hear other person unless on Speakerphone

Advertisement

When I get a call or make a call I have to put it on speakerphone in order to be able to hear the other person talking. The second I switch it back to normal, all sound goes away. Everything has worked fine for a couple months now and this is all very recent and very disturbing. I didn't get the phone wet or anything and don't think I dropped it or anything (maybe, only because I never know what happens when I sleep). Any help? I've already tried taking out the battery... didn't work!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    acesII, Welcome to PinStack.

To start troubleshooting, first try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). If that doesn't fix the problem, you can try to reload the OS. If neither of those correct it, then it is most likely a hardware problem and will need to be replaced under warranty.

Let us know if there is anything eles we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    204AED01
    and how exactly would I reload the OS? Through the T-Mobile Website? I'm going to try that now...

saku no está en línea Stack level 2
    IMO, Pearls have comparitively lower sound volume when compared with cellular phones. They are well enough to listen.

PIN/ID
    204AED01
    Quote Originally Posted by saku
    IMO, Pearls have comparitively lower sound volume when compared with cellular phones. They are well enough to listen.
    ??What?? Anyways, thanks for the help guys but I have my new pearl on the way from T-Mobile Express Shipped.... thanks gosh I don't have to pay for it this time!

saku no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had a battery door problem with my pearl. Got it replaced with a new one today. for you acesII, i am not happy with the speaker volume on pearl. There should be some option (???) to improve it.

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb

Looks like you already have a new phone on the way, but to state the obvious (and sometimes over looked) but there are different volume levels for on speaker and off. Did you check your volume level when you were using the Pearl like a conventional phone.