Where do I begin well I bought my Pearl off someone about 2 months ago. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boost20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant Hear Incoming/outgoing Calls

Advertisement

Where do I begin well I bought my Pearl off someone about 2 months ago. The phone worked perfectly and I had no problems with it. But today 5/8/2007 I was making and receiving calls. When I left I received a call and I could not hear a thing however when I put it on speaker phone it worked perfectly. The same thing would happen when I would make outgoing calls I could not hear a thing but when I put it on speaker phone it worked perfectly again. So then I proceeded in calling RIM to see if they could help (NO USE). Then I called t-mobile and they basically stated that I needed to update the software on the phone when I arrived home I did exactly what they told me to. But here's the funny part now the speaker does not work at all. So now I cannot hear off the speaker phone or the headset and t-mobile is telling me that I have to go through insurance. If any of you can help it would be gladly appreciated cause I dont want to have to come out of pocket 110 bucks...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Cant Hear Incoming/outgoing Calls

have you pulled the battery? aka soft reset?
    take battery out, leave out for 30 seconds, place back in...phone boots up, see if that works. you'd be surprised...

post back here if it doesn't...

and what exactly did tmo have you do?

oh ya...and welcome to the stacks

boost20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Well they basically told me to update the software for the phone with the program available through the site but when I did that not only allow me to hear anything on the headset it did not allow me to hear anything on the speakerphone as well....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, here's my version...not sure if it will help at all.
    here are instructions on the upgrade OS process
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

perform a backup thru desktop manager.

download OS from here: (yes its cingular, but its ok )
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    choose the red pearl from the drop down menu

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same exact problem. TMO sent me a 2nd pearl and its doing it again but not as often but I think found the solution/trick. I'm thinking it has to do with me listening to music too much, taking the headset off and on or a third party application that is causing this.

Reason I suspect its the headset is because I was listening to music using the headset and then I heard a little of the same static/stratchy noises as some of my calls that goes 'dead'. When my phonecall went deadair again a little afterwards, I plugged out the headset and was able to hear again, and vice versa when not using the headset. I'm minimizing my headset usuage and it hasn't happened for about 2 days now. I think the audio output gets interferred when calls are coming in while music is playing when a headset is in use. If possible, pausing the music before taking or making a call should help. Once again, this is just a hunch but crossing my fingers though...
    Last edited by schmunger; 05-09-2007 at 01:03 AM.