Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm On Verizon And This Happens All The Time To Me ... Very Frustrating!!... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LEONURSE no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I'm On Verizon And This Happens All The Time To Me ... Very Frustrating!!

greenlady1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a pearl (Verizon) and I've had to do a battery pull twice in less than 24 hours because of this problem. I can't hear people when I answer the phone, nor can I hear anything when I make a call. I can't even hear the phone ringing. However, I know it goes through because one of my friends got confused because I kept calling and hanging up! I've had the phone for about 2 months and I'm getting ready to throw it into the wall!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlady1 View Post
    I have a pearl (Verizon) and I've had to do a battery pull twice in less than 24 hours because of this problem. I can't hear people when I answer the phone, nor can I hear anything when I make a call. I can't even hear the phone ringing. However, I know it goes through because one of my friends got confused because I kept calling and hanging up! I've had the phone for about 2 months and I'm getting ready to throw it into the wall!
    don't do that if it continues to do it take it back and they'll swap it for you.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Still having the same problem. Last time I traded out my Pearl I was sooooo close to getting and upgrade to a Curve. They said they couldn't do it because it was my first trade in. Guess what, going to get a Curve one way or the other. Funny how you can make one of their "techs" feel inadequate if you have some knowledge from this great community. Only problem is, I have to revert to 4.5 OS before I take it in.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    Still having the same problem. Last time I traded out my Pearl I was sooooo close to getting and upgrade to a Curve. They said they couldn't do it because it was my first trade in. Guess what, going to get a Curve one way or the other. Funny how you can make one of their "techs" feel inadequate if you have some knowledge from this great community. Only problem is, I have to revert to 4.5 OS before I take it in.
    So you're saying you can do a trade in? I got my pearl in Dec from vzw. I would entertain a trade in for a curve if they would allow it. What's the stipulation?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_chiro View Post
    So you're saying you can do a trade in? I got my pearl in Dec from vzw. I would entertain a trade in for a curve if they would allow it. What's the stipulation?
    when you start foaming at the mouth and slinging snot......o yeah and threatening to go to another carrier.

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    when you start foaming at the mouth and slinging snot......o yeah and threatening to go to another carrier.
    That always puts the fear of God in them

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Denisenicole View Post
    That always puts the fear of God in them
    i gotta ask...is that avatar pic you?

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i gotta ask...is that avatar pic you?

Nope .. but it's cool huh?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Denisenicole View Post
    Nope .. but it's cool huh?
    those eyes are mesmerizing...beautiful!

meatroup no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319AD985
    Hi everyone!! I'm a newbie, and I have also had the same issues with my Pearl 8130 on the Verizon network. I don't know about any of you, but I noticed I cant hear the caller after I receive and open an MMS message. I don't know if it's just my BB or not. Normally after I do a hard or soft reset it works, but as soon as I get another MMS it happens again. Any solutions???

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Trade it in. Will be doing that today I does believe. As soon as I can get my os changed I will be calling customer support. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

acoldstarnolds no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lat_05_69 View Post
    I'm on Alltel and I get the same sound disfunction a battery pull fixes also ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just got a new Curve 8310 on ATT and I cannot hear anything when I make a phone call but the other end can hear me fine. If I put it on speaker phone I can hear it.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    acoldstarnolds, has your speaker worked at all? (might be a bad speaker unit).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This "problem" in every single post here is _not_ a problem. And pulling the battery has nothing to do with it, nor does it fix it. Users just think it fixes it. Coincidence.

It has _nothing_ to do with you phone or the way you are using it.
    Here is what's occurring & its a normal phenomenon of a cellular system. The issue occurs due to a brief temporary overload of the system. All you need to do when this occurs is hang up & call back. 90% of the time your phone will then be fine. If you still have the problem, hang up & call right back. Its the system. This has existed for years and it is more prominent with a CDMA network like Verizon and less with a GSM network like AT&T. I know from first hand experience. Also remember when you call your carrier at 611 from your cellular phone or the 800 number from a land line, you are getting the call center. Those people, even the so called "tech support" are low level low knowledge employees that have little or no skill. They are typing your complaint into the computer in front of them that is preloaded with answers to issues and is only as accurate as what they enter.
    Bottom line. It's normal, don't worry about it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast