Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

about once or twice a month my phones ear speaker stops working. when you make ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

can't hear caller

Advertisement

about once or twice a month my phones ear speaker stops working. when you make a phone call the caller can hear you but you can't hear anything.a simple battery pull fixes this.has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know what causes it?

sharpestuff no está en línea Stack level 1

yep....

I ended up sending my pearl back twice.... finally requested and got Curve as replacement....

Battery pull fixed it everytime... but frustrating...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    hmm...i'm on my second one for this.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had the same problem and am getting ready to go get a replacement. Unknown what causes it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hudss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304B3C55
    same here..even upgraded the os and had the same issue..going to wait on the thunder i guess

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not a clue as to what causes this problem. I have been having this problem of the caller hearing me but me not hearing them for the last 2 days. Never had this problem prior to 2 days ago. A battery pull did fix the problem. I am using a Curve 8330. We shall see how long the battery pull lasts. If it keeps being a problem, I will be getting a new phone, I paid quite a bit for this one and I have only had it for 2 months.

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    Happens to me about the same amount of times as you. This even happened back in the day with my crappy razr. Maybe its a cdma problem?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Are all of you on the same carrier? might not even be the device at all.
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS v4.6.0.112

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Went into the VZW store yesterday and got a replacement Pearl. The tech that was there did tell me that this is a known problem and there is a patch coming out. Oh yeah, not just the Pearl but the Curve also.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobiman View Post
    verizon here

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobiman View Post
    Verizon is my carrier too. In the event that it is the carrier and not the device, why does a battery pull seem to fix the problem at least temporarily?

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    Vzw here too. I tend to think its a network issue and maybe something with the software on the devices. It could be possible that the software is using some of the same routines even though they are different devices. Like the commands your phone uses to make a call. They could all be using the same quirky method. I just want 4.5 even though we don't get as many enhancements as some other BB's. Html email and support for new 4.5 themes will be nice perks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mpowood no está en línea Stack level 1

Same as others

Have the same issue as others. I like most am part of the Verizon Network and I am using a Pearl 8130. I guess I'll keep waiting to hear of a fix. I've had to do the hard reset twice over the past week.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey everybody, I had this happen to me but my solution was a slap in the forehead.

I have been testing out the 8130 for the past couple of days, getting used to the differences between it and the 8830 I own. I'm really liking the size.

Anyways for my bonehead story, when I first got the 8830 I had the same thing happen a few times, no sound but the caller could hear me. Turned out I was forgetting the phone was connected to my bluetooth which was in my shirt pocket. <<SLAP>>

Twice though, for some reason after using a mono wired headset, the switching that occurs between headset and normal speaker would not happen when I took the headset out (while not on a call). If I reinserted the plug and took it out, it would solve the issue mid-call. Don't really know what that was about because without doing anything other that OS updates, the issue has not reappeared as of late.

Just thought I'd share.

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on Alltel and I get the same sound disfunction a battery pull fixes also ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast