Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The devices didn't start pairing, but perhaps that caused the problem? I'm just looking at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sageleader no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cant hear audio when placing / receiving calls - works on speakerphone though

Advertisement

The devices didn't start pairing, but perhaps that caused the problem? I'm just looking at the fact that others had problems when connecting a bluetooth headset.

I'm on the phone with T-Mobile now. They had me wipe the device - didn't work. Then I did Application Loader - didn't work.

And I don't have any TTY setting

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Cant hear audio when placing / receiving calls - works on speakerphone though

Keep us posted!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

TTY=TeleTypeWriter.

Did you look in the Phone Log menu settings? It should be there, its not an optional add-on, to the best of my knowledge its part of the base OS.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea I can't seem to find that setting. I don't have any issues just can't find that setting...its bugging me now...hehe

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I don't have it either and it's not listed in DM, maybe an option from Tmo?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

No I'm AT&T and its on mine. I'm running .96, but I had it on .73 & .94.

Unless you guys removed the support for it when you removed foreign language supports, etc.

Or maybe you just have to be hearing impaired. I'm not, but every woman I've ever dated has accused me of it...

sageleader no está en línea Stack level 1

Got off the phone with T-Mobile. They are sending me a new device under the warranty. I had to pay $15 for 3-day shipping (I opted to pay an extra $5 to get it 4 days sooner).

Interestingly, they never asked me what version my software was (even though I have the latest update from T-Mo: .64).

Weird that it randomly stopped working though. Coincidentally it was right after T-Mo sent the text saying I could use IMs and picture messages once I restart my phone. Oh well.

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is a known bug for the device. It has nothing to do with TTY or anything else. There is no fixing it through updating the software. Just call your service provider and have them send you a new phone. Have them send it on their dime, after all it is not your fault that the device has a bug.

pritnert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8E707

Very interesting thread. I have the exact same problem. I have always had Cingular service until last Saturday. I called to switch to T-Mobile because of their international Blackberry plans. Right after switching to T-Mobile the handset speaker went out. I just thought it was the device itself, but am becoming more convinced that it has something to do with T-Mobile. It took me forever to figure out how to get the device covered under the warranty because I had just switched providers and had my number ported over. So, because I bought the phone from Cingular they didn't want to fix it and because T-Mobile was now the service provider, Cingular cancelled my service and said they didn't want to fix the phone because they weren't my provider, and RIM said they weren't going to do anything because the warranty exchange was done through the service provider. So, it is starting to look like T-Mobile might be to blame for the problem. I'll keep my eyes on this thread and hopefully something with get figured out.

trippnwo no está en línea Stack level 1

just want to update the thread...

I called t-mobiles blackberry support and described the problem.

I told them i reloded the OS, wiped the phone three times via the incorrect password trick, and told them everything was up to date.

they never questioned me and sent me a brand new one overnight for 15.

the new one works great.

I am surprised that there is not anymore information on this problem on the web if it is a known issue.

dk18947 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by trippnwo
    just want to update the thread...

I called t-mobiles blackberry support and described the problem.

I told them i reloded the OS, wiped the phone three times via the incorrect password trick, and told them everything was up to date.

they never questioned me and sent me a brand new one overnight for 15.

the new one works great.

I am surprised that there is not anymore information on this problem on the web if it is a known issue.

I bought the 8100 in December; got a replacement in Feb because the sound (handset) stopped working. Bluetooth and speaker still worked fine. Now in June, the exact same thing happened. After 2 hours of running around with T-mobile support (remove battery, reset, app loader), a new phone is on its way. In spite of my complaint, I get to pay the $10 shipping fee a second time. It happened when switching from using my bluetooth to handset, so maybe that has something to do with it. I agree there should be more info; it can't be that uncommon- its happened to me twice in 6 months!

bratleybrown no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB I'm ATT and the same thing happened to my pearl when I connected the earpiece. I got angry and slapped it in frustration and it started working again, but then quit again, and now its a cointoss on if it works minute to minute. (wap.pinstack.com)~

LindaUbik no está en línea Stack level 1

Glad to see I'm not alone. Went to T-Mobile last night. I had already pulled the battery. They said they couldn't help me in the store because I had a "data device." They called the service center for me. They called the prepaid section first and I sat on hold for 10 minutes. Then the prepaid-lady transferred me to the contracts section where I was on hold for another 10 minutes. Then it disconnected and I got to start over. I was a little cranky. When I finally talked to a human being who could help me, she was very nice. However, the ONLY solution she offered was to run "application loader" which apparently wipes the phone clean. Since I have not backed up my phone on the computer yet, I have to do that first. If anyone has any other insights, I'd be delighted to hear them.

richmina no está en línea Stack level 1

Same issue for me. T-Moble BB, but using AT&T service. Looks like even a master-reset doesn't work. Any know how to delete the entire T-mobile BB software OS to AT&T version?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by richmina
    Same issue for me. T-Moble BB, but using AT&T service. Looks like even a master-reset doesn't work. Any know how to delete the entire T-mobile BB software OS to AT&T version?
    The OS (operating system) is device specific. So you really don't need to delete that. Blackberrys work off of Service Books. They basically are the directions for the device. So if you want the AT&T applications then you just need to re-send your service books.

Directions here #13 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

Unfortunately there are some things you cannot change and that would be your boot screen. That will always be TMO. And your default theme will always be TMO Zen. You can change the vendor theme by unlocking the vendor themes though.

I hope that helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast