Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sorry for the long title. I seached and found the no sound thread but that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trippnwo no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant hear audio when placing / receiving calls - works on speakerphone though

Advertisement

sorry for the long title. I seached and found the no sound thread but that is not my problem.

I can not hear any audio unless it is on speaker phone. IT plays music fine, and I can make / receive phone calls fine, I just cant hear anything.

This worked fine until I tried synching a motorola bluetooth headset with it (HS815). The device has been removed from the bluetooth devices.

I also removed the batery for about 5 mins then rebooted. No help there.

Then, I figured i'd try the wipe option by entering the wrong password 10 times, which i did, and it still has the problem.

Got any ideas? Are there any firmware updates I can try?

Thanks

jyjacks no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cant hear audio when placing / receiving calls - works on speakerphone though

There is a setting in the phone called TTY or something similar to that. Make sure it is disabled.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Cant hear audio when placing / receiving calls - works on speakerphone though

Quote Originally Posted by trippnwo
    sorry for the long title. I seached and found the no sound thread but that is not my problem.

I can not hear any audio unless it is on speaker phone. IT plays music fine, and I can make / receive phone calls fine, I just cant hear anything.

This worked fine until I tried synching a motorola bluetooth headset with it (HS815). The device has been removed from the bluetooth devices.

I also removed the batery for about 5 mins then rebooted. No help there.

Then, I figured i'd try the wipe option by entering the wrong password 10 times, which i did, and it still has the problem.

Got any ideas? Are there any firmware updates I can try?

Thanks
    Did you get things working or do you still need a hand?

looking for the TTY setting now...

its still not working properly...

will update after i find the tty setting

i have no idea where that tty setting is

It is not where the manual online says it should be
    Last edited by trippnwo; 06-12-2007 at 12:00 AM.

bump

matthew8427 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    23E9630D

I am having the exact same problem what the hell can I do?

my friend who works for tmobile says it appears to be a known issue...but i cant find anything on the net about it

I have tried everything. Hard resets, 4 wipes, even cleared every entry via the desktop manager...

it seems to get stuck thinking the bluetooth adapter is still being used. it wont reenable audio

no dice. I'm calling tmobile tomorrow
    Last edited by trippnwo; 06-13-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Waterdog no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got finished with the same exact problem. In fact if you look hard enough through the threads you will find mine from a couple of weeks ago. However................

I did a clean wipe on the phone, I updated the desktop and the phone OS and nothing fixed it. I wound up calling support and had a warranty replacement shipped to me (after I paid for shipping!). If you phone is less then a year old, you shold be ok.

A couple of things to remember.....

1. Customer support won't even begin to talk about a replacement unless you have updated both the desktop software and the phone OS to their latest versions. I am on T-Mobile and there was a recent update. Make sure that you do that first BEFORE you call support. This way when you get someone on the line you can tell them that you have already done all of that first. I will speed up the process

2. There are NO instructions that come with the replacement phone about how to restore your settings and all of your data. MAKE SURE that you do a "device switch" through your desktop software so that everything gets sent over properly. It would also be a good idea to do a good back up before you change to you new device.

Hope that helps!

nukeum1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got the same exact problem

tryed everything

sageleader no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing happened to me, except I never tried to sync any bluetooth devices. I had my phone on me when I was playing the Nintendo Wii a lot, and the controllers (remotes) for the Wii connect to the unit using Bluetooth. So maybe there was some miscommunication between devices? I never changed anything on my phone, it just stopped working.

T-Mobile told me to do a backup and restore using Desktop Manager but it didn't work. Ideas?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Do you always keep bluetooth turned on? How did you manage to have them start pairing? Weird.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

TTY Settings:

Go to Phone Log, click the menu button, scroll to the bottom, select Options. Scroll to the bottom, click on TTY make sure its set to "No".

PIN/ID
    STACK

I have never been able to find these settings. Do they show up after you pair up a bluetooth headset or something?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Nah. TTY is a setting that they are required to have available on the phone. Its always in the menu.

I can't remember what the acronym stands for, but its to allow someone with impaired hearing the ability to use the phone with a TTY device/service. Basically the device allows someone with hearing impaired to have a voice conversation converted to text so they can read what you are saying to them. It used to be a pretty archaic system. You (the hearing impaired person) would connect your phone to a modem looking device, and the person speaking to you on the other end would have to stop talking while the person on the other end of the modem finished typing what was said onto a screen that you could read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast