my phone has been fine ever since i got it, now all of a sudden ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

cant hear anything

Advertisement

my phone has been fine ever since i got it, now all of a sudden i cant hear anything out of it, when i activate the speaker its totally fyne, but when i switch it back to handset i cant hear a thing, the peron on the other line can hear me and again i can hear them when i activate the speaker mode....

any tips advice, or is my phone a total lost?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: cant hear anything

it sounds like a hardware issue, and if it is I would go to where you bought it and switch it out, on the off chance that it's an OS issue you can always try upgrading or re-installing the OS, which might be a time saver to try first and shouldn't effect the ability to exchange the phone.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by azn_skillet
    my phone has been fine ever since i got it, now all of a sudden i cant hear anything out of it, when i activate the speaker its totally fyne, but when i switch it back to handset i cant hear a thing, the peron on the other line can hear me and again i can hear them when i activate the speaker mode....

Do u remember using the wired headset before this problem occured ? there is a switch inside the headset port that switches off the speaker when the headset jack's inserted. sometimes the switch gets stuck when u remove the jack. just put the headset jack in and out a couple times. see if it fixes the problem. Let me know.

i just tried that, insertingand removing the headset, and nope it dont work..

any other ideas?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Can't think of nything else dude. But before returning the phone I suggest u do a clean wipe and reload os.maybe its an os issue.

i dont even have the recpeit for it nomore im so screwed

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

It should have a 1-yr warranty on it from RIM ans your csp, try to make a warranty claim thru them, hopefully Rogers can shed some light on that for you, just a humble cingy/att rep here!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I just had to return mine a week this past Monday, it was under a month so at&t exchanged it. They never even looked at the receipt, just pulled up my account so you might be in luck.

By the way, it was the same problem, I'd only used the wired headset once... NEVER AGAIN! lol.

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just call your customer support, let them trouble shoot it for you and they will send you a new one... Sounds like a hardware issue...
    <center><b><big><font color=red>Holla atcha boy...</b></big></font></center>

atolleter no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by azn_skillet

You dont need receipt, call your carrier and tell them you wiped the handheld and it's still happening. Give them the IMEI. Happened to me twice already, T-Mobile issued a replacement blackberry with a prepaid return pouch. They charged me $9 for shipping. End of story...

kalowinta no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051D43D

My phone is in the shop now with the same problem! I miss my pearl soooo much