Happy New Year Everyone! So I am pretty frustrated. I plugged in the Pearl to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moofdawg no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't get Blackberry Pearl to sync with Mac with Pocket Mac 4.0!

Advertisement

Happy New Year Everyone!

So I am pretty frustrated. I plugged in the Pearl to my Mac Pro Book via USB and then opened the Sync manager on Pocket Mac application, but the computer didn't recognize my BB pearl. Tried to plug and re-plug with no success. The only thing it recognized was the phone and said, "not sufficient power to charge via USB"....and I am plugging it directly into my computer, not into a USB hub. anyone have suggestions? Help! I just want to be able to use this to its full capacity....

One other thing - when I plugged in my micro SD card (via adaptor) into my computer to drag songs onto it to play on my Pearl, it said that I could not modify the disc at all....that it was locked. I tried to format the card, but it wouldn't let me do anything. Very frustrating.

THANK YOU so much in advance....

Maria

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Can't get Blackberry Pearl to sync with Mac with Pocket Mac 4.0!

Interesting.... any Mac pearl owners around?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

boneheadz no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by moofdawg
    Happy New Year Everyone!

So I am pretty frustrated. I plugged in the Pearl to my Mac Pro Book via USB and then opened the Sync manager on Pocket Mac application, but the computer didn't recognize my BB pearl. Tried to plug and re-plug with no success. The only thing it recognized was the phone and said, "not sufficient power to charge via USB"....and I am plugging it directly into my computer, not into a USB hub. anyone have suggestions? Help! I just want to be able to use this to its full capacity....

One other thing - when I plugged in my micro SD card (via adaptor) into my computer to drag songs onto it to play on my Pearl, it said that I could not modify the disc at all....that it was locked. I tried to format the card, but it wouldn't let me do anything. Very frustrating.

THANK YOU so much in advance....

Maria
    Maybe my first post can be helpful.

The SD locked thing might be that the card is locked. It should, I think, have a little slider on it that you physically move to lock and unlock.

I have read about the not enough power issue, and apparently you just keep plugging and un plugging. I have found that a sync is more likely if I don't inable "mass storage mode" I have rarely had a more that one sync in a row to work and I usually need a reboot to sync a second time. (thought I was done with this when I left windows.) I may have to just use the pearl as a phone/email and leave the organizer to the palm. I bought the pearl partially based on the review in the most recent MacWorld. Someone should hang for that article.

I am still trying different things to get it to function. (this is where window experience comes in handy, finding work arounds for something that should work but doesn't) Rebooting the pearl has little effect, but rebooting the mac seems to help, and plugging the phone in after PM is launched sometimes works.

bone

cameraspeed no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EC259

I too am experiencing issues of non syncing. Very frustrating not least because I was sold the Pearl as being a phone that was happy to sync with a Mac. I am currently awaiting feedback from the Blackberry helpline at O2 (UK).

Not being able to sync is a real problem not least because my phone crashed and had to go in for a service... for three weeks!... and I was not able to back up any data. I may go back to Nokia if this continues.

p.s. can any one tell me what avatar means?

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cameraspeed
    I too am experiencing issues of non syncing. Very frustrating not least because I was sold the Pearl as being a phone that was happy to sync with a Mac. I am currently awaiting feedback from the Blackberry helpline at O2 (UK).

Not being able to sync is a real problem not least because my phone crashed and had to go in for a service... for three weeks!... and I was not able to back up any data. I may go back to Nokia if this continues.

p.s. can any one tell me what avatar means?
    avatar is the little picture like ace cafe etc , as for pocketmac 4 syncing click on this link there is loads of help there

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html