I've installed xPlayer, family guy theme, beamberry and wattpad with DM, and now I can't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tchescow no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't erase apps!

Advertisement

I've installed xPlayer, family guy theme, beamberry and wattpad with DM, and now I can't erase them! After several attempts withouth success (through menu, options, adv, apps etc) and also with PocketMac and DM I couldn't erase them!! Please, what should I do?!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: Can't erase apps!

Im guessing u tried battery pull?

Thumbs down Re: Can't erase apps!

Didn't work as well!

They're still there!

Any other ideas?!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Have you tried deleting the modules themselves? I would tell ya how to get there but I am in the process of copying files from the dm to my bb right now.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

I've installed xPlayer, family guy theme, beamberry and wattpad with DM, and now I can't erase them! After several attempts withouth success (through menu, options, adv, apps etc) and also with PocketMac and DM I couldn't erase them!! Please, what should I do?!
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    Have you tried deleting the modules themselves? I would tell ya how to get there but I am in the process of copying files from the dm to my bb right now.
    Well first when you run through the desktop manager uncheck the app to remove it from the BB then run through it again and it will give you an option to delete from the desktop manager. Hope it helps. If all else fails back up your info to the pc, wipe the handheld restore the info.

Question Re: Can't erase apps!

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    I saw the modules list but I didn't find any options to erase them. How can I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Well first when you run through the desktop manager uncheck the app to remove it from the BB then run through it again and it will give you an option to delete from the desktop manager. Hope it helps. If all else fails back up your info to the pc, wipe the handheld restore the info.
    I can't "see" them on the DM, just on PocketMac. I've wiped the phone (options, security, advanced, menu...etc) with no results! The apps are still there as well as gmaps, ymsgr and other apps!

Quote Originally Posted by tchescow View Post
    I saw the modules list but I didn't find any options to erase them. How can I do that?

I can't "see" them on the DM, just on PocketMac. I've wiped the phone (options, security, advanced, menu...etc) with no results! The apps are still there as well as gmaps, ymsgr and other apps!

If you did a wipe handheld all info and apps should have been erased. If it wasn't something is wrong. Try reloading the OS from the desktop manager.

If you did a wipe handheld all info and apps should have been erased. If it wasn't something is wrong. Try reloading the OS from the desktop manager.
    Hummm! All the apps I've installed are still there, contacts, pictures, notes, etc, are all gone (there is a backup) but the apps are still there. Where can I find the OS files to reload? My carrier is from Brazil, TIM.

Quote Originally Posted by tchescow View Post
    Hummm! All the apps I've installed are still there, contacts, pictures, notes, etc, are all gone (there is a backup) but the apps are still there. Where can I find the OS files to reload? My carrier is from Brazil, TIM.
    get the os from here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html as long as you delete the vendor file before you load on through the desktop manager you can use any os.

get the os from here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html as long as you delete the vendor file before you load on through the desktop manager you can use any os.
    I was trying everything to avoid this step but I guess this will be my only way out of this problem. Which one would you recommend for me as I couldn't find my carrier's software? If I keep the vendor file all the services (sms, mms, etc) won't be affected? Thanks in advance for everything!

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Found the solution! Reloaded all the apps I couldn't erase again using DM SP2 and then I could erase them! If you get stuck with this same problem, I hope this solution can help!

Thank you guys for all the support!