Hi I deleted bb messnger today when to dowload it again the icon didn't show ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

cant download blackberry messnger

Advertisement

Hi I deleted bb messnger today when to dowload it again the icon didn't show up so I wiped my handheld clean..once I put all my stuff on again I tried to download bb messnger again OTA I get this 'Sorry, your wireless Service Provider does not allow access to BlackBerry Messenger for your device.' I have tmobile and I downloaded it before is the another way to get it on my bb thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: cant download blackberry messnger

Quote Originally Posted by Jonaselm
    Ok, I fixed the problem and figured that I'd post the solution since I've seen other people post about it too.

First off, I was told that if you're using the 8100 or 8800, many users will have an issue trying to download OTA (depending on carrier). If you've deleted BB messenger and want it back, you'll need access to a PC (sorry to my fellow mac users).

Go to BlackBerry's site and download the software specific to your carrier. The site is
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Go to your carrier's link, and download the software specific to your phone. Once there, don't download the DM software - instead, download the "Handheld Software". This seems to be some kind of special Desktop Manager specific to your phone. It will check your phone at the beginning, and prompt for you update the software for BlackBerry messenger (it will detect that it is missing or bad). Click update and follow the wizard, and you're in business.

I have T-Mobile and an 8100, and it worked for me just fine. Best of luck to anyone else.
    Hope this helps, Good luck
    ~red

bigstatik no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks, it just worked for me.

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks I got it to work