Hi I can't decide if I want a Pearl or a T-mobile MDA. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't decide

Advertisement

Hi I can't decide if I want a Pearl or a T-mobile MDA. I have been reading on forums for each it just seems like the MDA has a lot of problems with freezing and whatnot. I do want to be able to go on line and reply to PM's (main thing). Also use Excel (thank you for the answers in previous thread). I went to the store yesturday to look at both and I love the look of the Pearl. I'm just worried that I wont be able to do as much with it as I would the MDA. Is there a lot of gadets and stuff on the Pearl and can you view every webpage like you can on a MDA? Just seems like each phone has pros can cons. I think this phone has less cons I just have to make sure it can view every website and not just ones made for cell's. I need to be able to navigate through the website also. Please help I need to make my decision tonight! Thanks.
    Jason

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Can't decide

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would personally go with the pearl. I'm not sayin this just because I love bb (maybe I am lol) but the ease of use of the blackberry device. And it is much faster that's why bb rarely or I should say never crash. BB have a lot of great apps that are very useful and they are great tools to make our lives easier. I only tried the mda once and I didn't like it, but I like the keypad tho. Oh and the pearl has a better cam compare to the mda. Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Kind of does. Like I said though since I'm new to the whole phone thing I'm not sure how easy it is for phones to go online and if they only can view certain things but can it go on line and browse through all websites?
    Also I just saw the thread of posting pics and the pearl looks like it can take VERY good pics. WAYY better than the phone I have now (Samsung A700)

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I agree with flash. My fiancee has the MDA, and it does freeze. I did load the new OS on it, and overclocked it, but Windows Mobile 5 still crashes a lot! I've never had my BB crash, except for when I do it on purpose!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Oh also how is listening to others on the phone? Is it easy or is it kind of quite? If it is quite can you fix that by a patch that they could later add on or is that just the speaker itself?

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

The BB is awesome, but I don't know if someone coming from a cellphone to BB , that is to say, the small form factor of the Pearl, would enjoy it as much. If full web browsing is a major need, along with Excel, etc, I would honestly say that if a BB is what you are looking for, dont go w/ Pearl. Go with a 8700, or if you can, wait for the Gamma line due out relatively soon. The thing is, I use my BB for Remote Desktop, Spreadsheet, etc, and although the camera and mp3 player/ video player is awesome...I too have some remorse re: the full functionality of a BB on a Pearl. I really don't think it is for the IT Professional, or someone seeking Laptop Apps in Road Warrior functionality.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

I have never had trouble hearing people, and as stated above BB OS is alot more stable than windows mobile. as for web browsing I can not compare it to the MDA(Never used one) but you can view pages designed for mobile and regular web pages, also there are a few different browsers you can try out also like the default browser, Opera Mini, and Minuet browser, and with excel there are a few programs that you can get for the BB that work just like excel and are compatible with MS excel

Quote Originally Posted by ajmctaggart
    The BB is awesome, but I don't know if someone coming from a cellphone to BB , that is to say, the small form factor of the Pearl, would enjoy it as much. If full web browsing is a major need, along with Excel, etc, I would honestly say that if a BB is what you are looking for, dont go w/ Pearl. Go with a 8700, or if you can, wait for the Gamma line due out relatively soon. The thing is, I use my BB for Remote Desktop, Spreadsheet, etc, and although the camera and mp3 player/ video player is awesome...I too have some remorse re: the full functionality of a BB on a Pearl. I really don't think it is for the IT Professional, or someone seeking Laptop Apps in Road Warrior functionality.
    Thanks, I do want a camera on phone too so the 8700 is not to high on my want list. Also I love the Pearl because it is smaller so also a negitive for me with the 8700. Thanks for all that though I really think it will be the Pearl

Rockey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f7044d

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~On being able to view regular web pages, there are times when desktops can't do that. BBs do seem to have a little problem with java enabled web pages & clicking on the links.

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

If u don't need a camera w/ur BB device. Then go w/the 8700 over the MDA. But if u luv taking pictures a lot, then the choice is clear the Pearl is what u should get.

7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my freind was and still is going through the same debate. When we went to tmobile the gentlemen broke it down like this "the MDA has a better key board than the pearl, but rim DOESN'T get hacked"!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by v_blackberry
    If u don't need a camera w/ur BB device. Then go w/the 8700 over the MDA. But if u luv taking pictures a lot, then the choice is clear the Pearl is what u should get.

nice collection you got there!

I bought the Pearl today. Should be coming tomorrow or the next day. Can't wait!

lolamae no está en línea Stack level 2

Whew.. glad to see you got a pearl over the mda. I made the mistake of buying a MDA before I got my 8700g. My gad, that MDA was hell in my pocket. I hated that thing!!!