Hello, pinstackers. For the past couple of weeks, my desktop software will not recognize my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ruutu15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't connect, tried reloading OS and now phone is inoperable

Advertisement

Hello, pinstackers. For the past couple of weeks, my desktop software will not recognize my phone as being connected. I will get the chimes like crazy, as if I'm connecting and disconnecting it repeatedly. I consulted the many useful help guides here, and downloaded the newest desktop software, as well as the newest 8100 software from T-Mobile. I then plugged the phone in without the battery, and it recognized my phone. I then went through the steps, and it deleted/re-installed everything on my phone, but the problem is that it fails before it completes, which has rendered my phone useless. Where do I go from here?

Again, I'm using an 8100 Pearl from T-Mobile, with the newest OS and Software downloaded today (7/12/07) directly from T-Mobile's BlackBerry page.

Thanks again...

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Can't connect, tried reloading OS and now phone is inoperable

If you want to use the TMO OS that's fine, there are newer OS out there though.

you may have bricked it. so as of right now your pearl doesn't turn on or do anything right?

Well, it will turn on, but I get a circle and slash through a box containing a circle, square, and triangle. I'm assuming that this means there's no OS, but I have no idea how to go about reloading it.

PIN/ID
    ask

let's do this......download the newest OS here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html

does your Dm recognize the phone as being connected or not now?

PIN/ID
    ask

thanks evolution, i couldn't find that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    let's do this......download the newest OS here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html

does your Dm recognize the phone as being connected or not now?
    It still says disconnected, but this is with the battery in. With the battery in place, it doesn't even give me a USB connection option, only the various COM ports. Without the battery, it shows USB as a connection option.

Also, the advice that I took from the beginning was from the list that EvolutionCSR posted.

PIN/ID
    ask

follow that link Evolution posted step by step and let us know if it helped when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    follow that link Evolution posted step by step and let us know if it helped when you're done.
    Alright guys, I did that, and it goes through load/delete system software, and then to Initializing...and then it says 'reconnecting to JVM', followed by "Unable to connect to device during a multi-load operation."

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Ouch. Keep trying. Mine did this the first time I tried to upgrade an OS and after several tries, one went through.
    I force connected without the battery, put the battery in, wiped with JL_cmdr, reforced connection without the battery, put the battery in again and reloaded the OS. Takes forever so go do something else and resist temptation to unplug and start over. Hope something works for you.

Wow, I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong. I put the battery in when the "Updating your device" task starts, and it never works. I'm doing this while I'm at work, and I've probably done it 7-8 times now with no luck.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

You should try putting the battery in at the handheld application screen ( screen with all the checkmarks) before continuing on. when you have issues with the device being detected by DM, and you remove the battery the DM is linking to a seperate portion of the memory. But after you do so to connect it has to load OS in the normal memory.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 07-12-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    You should try putting the battery in at the handheld application screen ( screen with all the checkmarks) before continuing on. when you have issues with the device being detected by DM, and you remove the battery the DM is linking to a seperate portion of the memory. But after you do so to connect it has to load OS in the normal memory.
    I just tried that, and still no luck. It goes through the "Delete/Load JVM System Software" pretty quickly, and when it goes to 'wait for device initialize', the screen turns white with the hour glass, and then I get that icon with the 'no' symbol through the circle, square, and triangle' icons...followed by that crash message. It's also worth noting, and I just noticed this, that the DM says 'disconnected' at the bottom through the whole process, although it's definitely connected.