Originally Posted by lucky13mt
So if I did this and reloaded OS...would that give me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
I dont think so....there is something very stubborn about the IT policy on a blackberry....pretty sure I read that a java wipe does not remove IT policy
Originally Posted by lucky13mt
OK, I have tried that and no difference.
However, my USB's are not under Universal Serial Bus controllers, they are under Unknown.
Could this be my problem and if so, how do I get my PC to recognise them again?
Did you reinstall the drivers as I suggested?
Just downloading the file now...
Here's wat you do.. i had the same problem a few days ago...
Unplugg pearl from computer!
1. Go to Start>Control Panel>Add and Remove
2. Uninstall Desktop Manager 4.3 ( if other desktop is on there, install that one too)
3. Restart computer.
4. Ok after its done go Start> Search.When you get there choose all files and folders, then type in rim.
5. Ok a series of rim files should popup delete them all, especially the ones that say .sys.
6. Ok now Search for blackberry.
7. Delete every folder named blackberry.
8. After you're done, restart computer.
9. Reinstall Desktop Manager 4.3
10. Restart computer
11. Click on Desktop Manager icon.
12. Plugin your blackberry pearl.
13. Ok now on desktop manager go to Options>Connections Settings.
14. Select USB>then click detect.
15. At this point it should work.
16. To make sure it work do a backup of the Pearl. ( Desktop manager>Backup and restore>Backup)
17. After you do that Restart our computer.
18. Now do another backup and now it should work.
If this doesnt work send me a pin message and i will try to further help. I do not recommend wiping your blackberry. These steps worked for me so, it shoudl work for you.
I had similar symptoms a few days ago. Could be a loose battery, could be static built up in the device. A TMo technician had me pull the battery out and then hold the power button down for 15 seconds. Then put the battery back in. This shuts down the device motherboard eliminating all electrical charge in the device. For now, my phone seems to be working fine.
OK guys, I have another update...
I have moved to my Media PC now as my other one is having a short stay in hospital after practically killing itself.
Anyway, I have installed Desktop Manager on this machine and still nothing. So that's 2 PC's and 2 cables and even 2 installs of DTM. This would point to it definately being something with the phone..Yes?
do exactly wat i said and it shall work without a doubt..The same thing happened to me and thats hwo i solved it.
well, i guess you can only WIPE your system from the PC and your mobile, it has been duplicate OS system maybe(my 8100 was like this), enclose the 2 programme for the WIPE, download it on your PC, it is .rar file, it has 2 files, load them in one fold, and connect your BB, run the .exe file; your 8100 will only show 570, and then reinstall the OS, Good luck!
You are not going to believe this, I went to charge the phone last night and noticed that I had to push the charger plug in a little harder. I wondered if this might be lack of connection problem, so I tried ramming the plug in and the phone and PC connected. Would you believe it eh, a mechanical fault.
Thanks for the help though guys!
Well, thanks for posting back and glad you got results....
I guess we need to add to the troubleshooting for no connection
"Please RAM your plug into your device, a running start is preffered "
Tags for this Thread