It's a used phone a friend acquired but never personally used so I don't know ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chowmein4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't access the menu.

Advertisement

It's a used phone a friend acquired but never personally used so I don't know anything about its previous use. When I push the menu button, my text messages pop up. The same happens when I try to access the other functions on the home screen. I've made and received calls on it and the camera seems to work but that's about all I can do with it. Obviously right now it looks like I'm not going to be buying it but if there is a way to fix this problem, I may still want it because I'd only use as a phone, without all of the Blackberry features. If there's anythig I can do I'd appreciate any help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Can't access the menu.

welcome to the stacks. There is things that you can do if it is a S/W issue. If it is hardware though, not so much. ? is how much time do you want to dump into a phone you don't own yet and/ or do you want a phone that from the get go you have to fix?

If it is a S/W issue you can simply reload the OS from a computer and in 20 mins it should be working. You can get both handheld and Desktop software from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Can't access the menu.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope u realise that clicking the trackball doesn't bring up the menu. The menu button is to the left of the trackball.