I have an 8130 with US Cellular. I upgraded to 4.5 using USCC's OS. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kentcy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318CE18A

Question Can't access Hotmail via web after 4.5 upgrade

Advertisement

I have an 8130 with US Cellular. I upgraded to 4.5 using USCC's OS. The upgrade has been great with no problems until I tried to access my hotmail account directly or through the MSN website.

When I try to access, I get the error: "The Microsoft servcie that you are attempting to access is not supported by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requiremtn for this service is full WAP 2.0 support."

Before upgrading to 4.5 I was able to access hotmail with no problems. I'm kind of surprised if the OS really downgraded to something less than I originally had.

If you're wondering why I want to access hotmail when I can just set it up on my BB, I go to it to periodically check my junk mail folder that I can't access through my regular email account. If someone knows how I can do this another way, I'm open to that.

Thanks!

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by kentcy View Post
    I have an 8130 with US Cellular. I upgraded to 4.5 using USCC's OS. The upgrade has been great with no problems until I tried to access my hotmail account directly or through the MSN website.

When I try to access, I get the error: "The Microsoft servcie that you are attempting to access is not supported by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requiremtn for this service is full WAP 2.0 support."

Before upgrading to 4.5 I was able to access hotmail with no problems. I'm kind of surprised if the OS really downgraded to something less than I originally had.

If you're wondering why I want to access hotmail when I can just set it up on my BB, I go to it to periodically check my junk mail folder that I can't access through my regular email account. If someone knows how I can do this another way, I'm open to that.

Thanks!
    okay, i have a bb 8130 os 4.5 and have a hotmail account. do not go to MSN website with your bb just to check your email, it will not go thru. i don't know why but it doesn't. What i did is set up a new account on your bb with your hotmail account. either you can do it on your bb or on the computer. then you can check all your hotmail emails from there on. You will have an option to delete it on your handheld only or both.
    Just an add on, since you upgrade your os to 4.5
    on your browser option, go to browser configuration. make sure you check the box on "support javascript". it will make it easier to open a web on your bb that need a javascript.

hope this helps...cheers!
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

PIN/ID
    318CE18A
    Thanks, but I'm not sure you understood my problem. I'm not sure is you really meant for me to create a "new" account, but I have a hotmail account setup on my BB, but I can only access my Inbox. I have had my hotmail account for about 10 years, there's no way, I want to change now.

The only thing I need is to have access my junk mail folder and sometimes other folders that I don't have access to through the regular BB email so I used to access them by gonig to hotmail.com which I can no longer do. I can't even go to msn.com and access hotmail that way either as I get the same error message.

If there is a way to set up additional folders on my BB mail, I'm open to doing that, but I need to be able to get to my junk mail folder as there is usually a couple of emails a day that get sent to that box that I need to be able to have access to.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    318CE18A
    Problem Solved. I needed to change my Browser emulation mode to MS Pocket IE. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of my problem as I only had one option to choose from: Blackberry.

I then had to delete the service books for Browser Config for 5 Click and Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. I resent the service books and was able to get all the emulation mode options. I changed it to the MS Pocket IE and I can now access hotmail.

Many thanks to the two stackers that gave me these suggestions!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by kentcy View Post
    Problem Solved. I needed to change my Browser emulation mode to MS Pocket IE. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of my problem as I only had one option to choose from: Blackberry.

I then had to delete the service books for Browser Config for 5 Click and Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. I resent the service books and was able to get all the emulation mode options. I changed it to the MS Pocket IE and I can now access hotmail.

Many thanks to the two stackers that gave me these suggestions!
    In defense of JJ I think all he was suggesting is you have your hotmail pushed to you BB. Which if the other hadn't worked could have been an option.