Blackberry Pearl 8100, T-mobile, BES 4.1 Express Long story short, I was configured to one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Radioguy6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot restore all backed up databases

Advertisement

Blackberry Pearl 8100, T-mobile, BES 4.1 Express

Long story short, I was configured to one BES, and switched to another BES. I did a full backup of the blackberry using the desktop manger before the switch. I wiped the handheld, and activated to the new BES. Went to restore my databases with the desktop manager.

My problem is it only restores about half of the databases. If i choose advanced and try and pick out what i want transferred it will not let me choose for example, my address book, or custom word list. There was a disclaimer at the bottom saying, some databases cannot be restored if they are wirelessly syncronized or wirelessly backed up and read-only. I went into my address book and turned off wireless syncronization, and was able to then transfer my address book. But all the other databases I cant figure out how to transfer them. The backup file is not corrupted. I am thinking it is an option on the BES that needs to be turned off or on? Thanks for any responses.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Cannot restore all backed up databases

Welcome to pinstack.

Have you made any progress with this?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you transfer any data via Bluetooth before? It might be that it doesn't restore those files even thou I don't see why it shouldn.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com

Radioguy6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome!

No I did not transfer any data over bluetooth. It was over the USB cord using the desktop manager. I am almost positive its the BES not allowing the databases to be written to. But I wish there was a way, I had alot of custom words on the backup, that would make life simplier if only I could transfer them!