I cannot connect to the web, I have no browser icon and cingular tells me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Cannot get on the web!!

Advertisement

I cannot connect to the web, I have no browser icon and cingular tells me I must be on a blackberry plan to get this function. The pearl's manual says it does Media net as well as BB. I don't have a use for a BB plan, but I love the phone and want to get on the web with it. I can't even order ringtones directly from my Pearl. Can anyone help?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Scboatman, you will need a data plan in order to get on the web.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Scboatman, you will need a data plan in order to get on the web.
    That is correct

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    sdboatman, I have cingular as well. They have an unlimited BIS (only) data plan (includes email) for $29.99. I added 200 text messages a month for $4.99. This is on top of whatever voice plan you currently have. when you call cingular they may deny having the $29.99 plan, so you have to be extra convicing in order to get them to dig deeper and find the plan. It took me a few attempts to get my plan lowered.

madripper1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My internet stopped working and the browser icon disappeared when I plugged it into windows and now I can't get on the web. the email feature works fine but not the internet

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by madripper1
    My internet stopped working and the browser icon disappeared when I plugged it into windows and now I can't get on the web. the email feature works fine but not the internet
    Try going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Hit menu>and select "Register Now"

After you do that take the battery out of your BB wait 30 seconds and reinsert.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    madripper1, Welcome to PinStack.

Did these suggestions help you get back on the internet with you BB?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

eric.v.mazzo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204db911
    Quote Originally Posted by potthoff
    sdboatman, I have cingular as well. They have an unlimited BIS (only) data plan (includes email) for $29.99. I added 200 text messages a month for $4.99. This is on top of whatever voice plan you currently have. when you call cingular they may deny having the $29.99 plan, so you have to be extra convicing in order to get them to dig deeper and find the plan. It took me a few attempts to get my plan lowered.
    I had this same problem with customer support at Cingular. You must get in touch with the Blackberry support people and Cingular to get the correct plan setup.

Billing Support swore to GOD that BlackBerry Internet Service Plan did not include internet or Media Net access or internet. BB service got me up in like 5 min. And then got MMS working in about another 10 min after making a change and looking at a lot of different items.

All you have to have for Cingular is BB Internet Service Plan for $29.99 and which ever Messaging plan you want.
    One thing the BB plan will show as UNL BB ADD VOICE. That is the correct plan per the BB Service People.

ambeos5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i know that if you had a blackberry before you have to re-enter the PIN at the blackberry internet service or the new one wont work i had this happen to me when i switched from the 7130 to the 8100