good evening, frustrated with 4.3 Roxio Media manager, I have tried different ways to bring ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrbigben no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot delete Songs / Playlists from 8130

Advertisement

good evening,

frustrated with 4.3 Roxio Media manager, I have tried different ways to bring my already created playlists to my new 8130 to no or little success.

I have dragged into my phone songs and created playlists. I have since deleted them from the explorer window, not from the blackberry, when I return to the unit, the songs and playlists appear there but dont play anything. I have reformatted the card (though the bberry) to no avail.

I would obviously rather not go through reinstalling the entire phone,

what options are left for me? any clues or tips or answers out there?

thank you

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cannot delete Songs / Playlists from 8130

Yep. Like I've been saying since it was included with Desktop Manager - Roxio is a HOG SLOWWW, takes up a HUGE amount of disk space, and generally slows down EVERYTHIN!
    Use Add/Remove programs and a custom install to remove it, and just use Mass Storage Mode to transfer files.
    See this post for other tips on managing media.
    JerryD

I should have specified that i am speaking of regular MP3s not DRM protected ones,

so I basically copy pasted them into by unit, then created playlists from the unit, then deleted from windows explorer, and now they still appear on by unit but not though the explorer (or media manager). and i cannot figure out how to delete the apparent ghost songs.

i tried the removal of the memory card trick and it worked, thank you, and i will now follow your advice for my playlist issue.

tb3
    tb3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem with my Curve 8300. I can delete songs without a problem, but the artists and albums remain (empty) in the memory of the BB. I have found no way to get rid of them. It doesn't matter if I use Roxio or storage mode.

tb3
    tb3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I figured it out for my Curve. Using storage mode, I deleted the bbthumbs.dat files. Then I shut down the BB, removed the battery for a minute, put it back in and powered up. I'm not sure if I needed to get rid of bbthumbs.dat, but the combo certainly worked.