Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hey all, I discovered this site after having troubles with connecting my brandnew Blackberry Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lloydsbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot connect to DM no matter what... "device not found"

Advertisement

Hey all, I discovered this site after having troubles with connecting my brandnew Blackberry Pearl 8100 to my computer via bb desktop manager. I've scoured the site and found many people with similar problems but no answers to my problem. I bought the bb from wireless wave rogers is the provider. I set everything up normally, then threw the disk into my computer and installed the desktop software for bb. Once complete I plugged my bb into the computer via the usb cable. Went into Options > Connection Setting > Detect USB... Everytime it says "device not found". I have tried everything people have mentioned, including all the basics like reinstall, reboot yada yada. I have also tried plugging it into other usb slots, all to no avail. I know the usb slots work cause when i plug anything else into them the device functions properly, just not the bb. This is frustrating the hell out of me, I seen one user suggest that sometimes its the bb itself that has the problem and to try returning it. I hope it doesn't come to that hassle. Any feedback is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Cannot connect to DM no matter what... "device not found"

Welcome Lloyd! It sure sounds like you've done everything and have gotten some sage advice. I would have suggested reinstalling the DM. Only other thing I can think of, is to see if you can load the DM on another computer if possible and see if that works.
    I can see why you're frustrated.
    Let us know if you have any luck?!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi Llyod, welcome to pinstack. Does the BlackBerry charge while plugged into your pc? Is there a lightening bolt on top of the battery meter?

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2

Heres a question somepone else asked and it resolved it for them. Are you hooking your usb thru a hub or a direct port on the computer? The other person had a bad port on their hub!

dachelet no está en línea Stack level 1

Great tips so far guys....

I am having the same issue. I tried to reinstall the BB OS and the first time saw the UBS PIN...the install failed. I retried it 2-3 time like the posting sad but now I cannot get connected.

The USB driver failed to update so I had to manually update it from the Window Device Manager. The USB version I have now is 3.0.0.3 Dated 07/4/06. This is a T-mobile phone unlocked for Cingular. I used the T-mobile software downloads to do this.

Tried the JL_cmdr and the command line postings...

Ideas? Or is the phone dead? Worked for a half day before it crashed.

Hey all I am not at home at the moment, but when I get home I am going to try updating my USB drivers. I'll also try my other pc I suppose. The usb I connected to is directly from the mobo. Furthermore I checked other devices such as my mouse and my external audio on the same port and they both worked perfectly. One user asked if having it plugged in charged it, now since I have never seen it charging on the computer I am not sure what that would look like, but plugging it in changes NOTHING on the main screen of the bb. Additionally when I go to reboot my computer, at a certain point during shutdown and a certain point during reboot the little black "plug" will appear next to the battery icon on the bb itself, but this is very short lived and by the time I am back into windows the bb is dead according to the pc. Also, if the device is "locked" will this have an affect on the connection process, I have tried it while its locked as well as unlocked both seem to make no difference.

This is driving me nuts!!! HELP!

Oh and just to clear up any confusion if there has been any, it doesn't appear that my PC is seeing the BB at all, what soever either via device manager, my computer, bbdesktop manager nothing, nothing at all sees it. So the more I think about it the more it seems that I may just need to go down and pull the switcheroo and grab a new one. But please any help is greatly appreciated.

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

Sounds similar to my problem. Are you running 64 bit XP? I believe I have narrowed it down to that (in my case). As soon as I connected my phone to my 32 bit XP computer it worked the very first time. Troubleshoot it - connect it to another computer, if it works or if it does not work, you know that more than likely it is either a phone problem, a computer problem, or a software (32 bit, 64 bit) problem.

Hope this helps,
    Justin

I have heard of probs with XP 64 bit having that problem.

Ok well I just tried this all on another computer and yes it works absolutely perfectly. But my computer, no luck. So I am gonna redo all the installs and then I'm at my wits end to why this wont work on my computer.

Also, ill reiterate, my computer does not detect the device at all, like when I plugged it into the other computer the bottom right notification came up about new hardware being added... but this computer makes no notice of the bb being plugged in.

Look for updated USB drivers for 64 bit

I cant find any usb drivers at all

Tbone no está en línea Stack level 1

Request assistance, Please...
    I can connect via USB and Sync, yet when I attempt to BlueTooth, I see where the computer (Toshiba Qosmio F15 and the Pearl "recognize" each other, BUT won't CONNECT. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Tbone, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like the Toshiba is not quite compatible with the Pearl. I don't know but does your PC use the Windows Bluetooth Stack? I have read that that is necessary for connecting using Bluetooth. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Tbone no está en línea Stack level 1

I think you maybe correct, Toshiba uses their own Bluetooth software, gosh it would be so nice if manufactures would let Windows do what Windows was designed to do. Thx.

susanpc no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a new user. I found this site for the same reason as Lloyd. I got a COOL bb pearl for my birthday but my computer wouldn't find it. Searched Google, nobody (but Lloyd) had the exact same problem as me. Windows X64 & bb pearl -- device not detected. I tried all the suggested fixes AND THEN..... I downloaded the latest driver from blackberry.com Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English).exe, installed it and BINGO. I'm up and running. I was able to sync with my desktop AND utilize the Switch Device with my Axim X50v. COOL BEANS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast