This is gonna sound really bizarre guys, but is it possible to swap out the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Question Can the Headphone jack be swapped out?

Advertisement

This is gonna sound really bizarre guys, but is it possible to swap out the 2.5mm headphone jack on the 8100's motherboard for a 3.5mm?

I noticed that some parts are easily removed and replaced, the microphone and it's gasket, the battery contact, etc.

I'm not sure RIM would approve of the Mod, but just curious if it's physically possible. And yes I realise the housing would have to be modified to accomodate the larger headphone jack as well

Any insight/opinions are welcomed, Thanx guys!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Go to www.seidio.com and get the 2.5mm/3.5mm premium adapter. These are high quality adapters for like $10. Then you can use the 3.5 gels or headphones with your Pearl. I have one for my 8100 and they work great. Save youself a lot of headache-lol.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanx Chokem, problem is that my Pearl is actually a salvage job and everytime I plug headphones in the phone freaks out and I have to do a batt pull to get it right again. So wondering if changing the jack is gonna make any difference and thought I'd put the bizzarro idea out there while I'm at it

PIN/ID
    nada
    Oh, that is different. Ted, I buy and sell a lot of Pearls on ebay. You can get a nice mint cond. Pearl for $100-125. Your going to spend close to that getting a different size jack in yours. But if you still want to, try BB Repair Shop in Houston TX. Good luck whatever you decide.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanx Chokem Houston's no good to me because shipping anything for the US to Aus seems to cost an arm and a leg, but I'll keep them in mind all the same.

I'm seeing what you mean for the Pearls going on eBay pretty cheap, don't think I'll swap out the jack unless I manage to fluke something ridiculously cheap. Main thing was just to see if it was possilbe
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

PIN/ID
    nada
    Ok, well good luck whatever you decide.