i just bought a white pearl. i have cingular and successfully unlocked the T-Mobile pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RyNSF no está en línea Stack level 1

can someone help with Email...

Advertisement

i just bought a white pearl. i have cingular and successfully unlocked the T-Mobile pearl that i bought.

my question is, is there anyway i can set up the email? when i go to my cingular BIS to change the PIN and IMEI, it says its invalid.

Also, i dont have an internet icon on the T-Mobile phone... is there any way to set that up too?

i am starting to think that getting this white pearl wasent such a good idea......

but if anyone can help i am a total newbe to this... i miss my cingular 8800 already.

freddyqu2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E46BFB

Thumbs up Re: can someone help with Email...

if u r trying tonite then u need to be patient....there is a network pob with RIM...will be corrected within a few hours
    Freddyqu2
    (daman with the plan........unlimited access)

Re: can someone help with Email...

thats what cingular says too. i cant believe this... lots of mad BB users i bet!

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

Be sure that when you goto to your carrier BIS site, that you do so from your new device "E-Mail Settings icon" otherwise if you try and change your device PIN from a desktop browser you will get invalid. Logging in from your new device will allow you to change PIN on your BIS site.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by freddyqu2
    if u r trying tonite then u need to be patient....there is a network pob with RIM...will be corrected within a few hours
    A little longer than a few hours now! Man, this must be a major outtage because they usually can get things back up and running within a couple hours. Damn BB terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by barbuser
    Be sure that when you goto to your carrier BIS site, that you do so from your new device "E-Mail Settings icon" otherwise if you try and change your device PIN from a desktop browser you will get invalid. Logging in from your new device will allow you to change PIN on your BIS site.
    the phone does not have an email settings nor internet icon on it. period!

does anyone know?
    ill ask again...
    i have an unlocked Tmo 8100 that i bought. its now unlocked and running with my cingular sim, however it does not have an internet icon nor email set up icon. how can i get these to the phone?
    i have logged in to my BIS to send service books and change pin imei, and nothing. i even changed my imei with cingular CS.

PLEASE HELP!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Call Cingular. They dont care where you got the phone---you are paying them for service. Tell them what's happeneing and they will help you out.

Have you tried to re-load the OS that you are working with?

i am fully functional again. i think it mostly had to do with the BB outage that happen last night.
    i have all my icons and email is working perfectly.