Here's the problem. I just got the BB Pearl yesterday and everything works except the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saidoyx211 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone help me fix my IM

Advertisement

Here's the problem. I just got the BB Pearl yesterday and everything works except the instant messaging. I keep on getting and HTTP error 404 everytime I try to go on instant messaging. I called customer service and went to T-mobile corporate store to see what was the issue and they weren't much help stating that the AIM software should be pre-loaded onto the phone and that it should be working, but I have never seen it work once yet. Can someone tell me how I can get AIM to work?

Thanks

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Can someone help me fix my IM

did you try a battery pull. also do you have unlimited txts because the pre-installed T-Mo IM clients use sms and not data so you will be charged

Yep, I tried pulling the battery and yes I do have the unlimited blackberry internet access and unlimited SMS.

PIN/ID

well Im not an expert in this area and somebody else should come along with more info, but i'll try and do a search

Thanks for the help and I really do appreciate it

PIN/ID

what software version do you have, is it the newest one, you can try upgrading your software or re-installing the one you have

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Saidoyx and Welcome to the Stacks. Have you tried resending your service books? Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now?

well i just tried to register the service books and still not working. also where do i check to see if i have the latest software. Sorry, I'm still kind of new to this.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

After you resent your service books, remove the battery, wait 30 secs and reinsert. Try here for TMO's OS: http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/?pinstack.com. No need to apologize. We were ALL new to BB's at one time.

Ok i tried what you said and still same error message. I also been trying to get the update and i think the server might be down on tmobiles end because its saying that "Sorry, due to high volume of download demands there are no software downloads available at this time. Please try again later today when there are fewer concurrent connections." everytime i tried. Its been like that since yesterday. I was wondering if any of you guys have the new update already downloaded so that you guys can send it to me via email.

tsiawd no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got my Pearl and have the EXACT same problem. I went though and dnloaded the os upgrade and it didnt fix it either soo save your time with that. I have been on the phone for hours with tmobile and they are clueless as to why there arent any text programs and why i get that error. IF anyone on here can help that would be awesome.