Results 1 to 13 of 13

Let me preface this question by saying that I've used the search button, and read ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    avante's Avatar
    avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1
    Posts
    638

    Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Advertisement



    Let me preface this question by saying that I've used the search button, and read through many, many posts about this subject. Unfortunately there has been mixed info on these posts. Now that I'm facing the questions I was hoping to get some concrete answers. So here's the deal.

    I just sold my tmobile branded (unlocked) pearl. Right before I sold it I backed it up using the DM backup feature. 3 days later I was able to unlock a Cingular branded pearl. Since unlocking my new cingular pearl I've installed 1.66 OS, changed my TCP settings, registered through the host routing table, resent service books, and did a pin change on my BIS account. After each I've done a 30 second battery pull just to be sure.

    Here's the problem. When I was back on the old Tmobile branded pearl, each time I would update my OS all my 3rd party apps would be there, as would my one downloaded theme. Only when I moved up to the Italy 1.66 did this not happen automatically. I was able to get it handled by manually restoring the Pearl through DM. I tried doing that again now that I'm trying to use my Cingular pearl and it wasn't successful. It did back up my addy book, call logs etc, but no theme, 3rd party apps or MY Favs.

    Is there a way to restore this newer cingular pearl with the last backup I did right before selling the TMo one? Am I doomed to go and redownload all the apps/ and theme again? Is there a way for me to have the my favs on the new phone? Is there a way to get rid of the PTT icon on the new phone? Any help would be hugely appreciated. I've been using a RAZR for the last three days so i'm exited to get my pearl back running just like I like it!



    Sorry for the post being a short novel.

  2. #2
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    hi this is not an answer but just a test to eliminate the problems , is it possible for you to download and install a tmobile os to your cingular pearl , deleting the vendor.xml file , and see if it backs everything up or not then we could know if it is a italy os problem or not , just a long shot but might save you some headaches

  3. #3
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Delete the PTT icon (on every theme I have had to go and do that)
    Re-install everything. It isn't that bad to have to go and do.

    Sorry about all that though.

  4. #4
    avante's Avatar
    avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1
    Posts
    638

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by antx16
    hi this is not an answer but just a test to eliminate the problems , is it possible for you to download and install a tmobile os to your cingular pearl , deleting the vendor.xml file , and see if it backs everything up or not then we could know if it is a italy os problem or not , just a long shot but might save you some headaches
    Are you saying that I should download a US OS, from tmo, 0.64, and then see if it works?

    Sasha- You're right, it's not that bad to have to redownload everything. I can wait to get the jivetalk again even though it took my 5 days to hear back from them last time. To make it easy, links to OTA downloads of Beyond 411, Smart Shopper, the Iphone theme, Jamtris and Opera Mini would be greatly appreciated!

    Anyone have info on the My Favs situation. I've read it going both ways on old threads. Will there ever be the icon for the favs on the Cingular Branded but Unlocked Pearl? I just checked on the MY TMO site and I was able to over ride the fact they couldn't detect my phone. Once I put in it was a MY FAVS Pearl they showed up again on the website. Not on the handset though.

  5. #5
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by avante
    Are you saying that I should download a US OS, from tmo, 0.64, and then see if it works?

    Sasha- You're right, it's not that bad to have to redownload everything. I can wait to get the jivetalk again even though it took my 5 days to hear back from them last time. To make it easy, links to OTA downloads of Beyond 411, Smart Shopper, the Iphone theme, Jamtris and Opera Mini would be greatly appreciated!

    Anyone have info on the My Favs situation. I've read it going both ways on old threads. Will there ever be the icon for the favs on the Cingular Branded but Unlocked Pearl? I just checked on the MY TMO site and I was able to over ride the fact they couldn't detect my phone. Once I put in it was a MY FAVS Pearl they showed up again on the website. Not on the handset though.
    yes avante i would try that at least if it works with the us os you would know its a problem with the italian one , might save you some time and headaches .

  6. #6
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by avante
    Are you saying that I should download a US OS, from tmo, 0.64, and then see if it works?

    Sasha- You're right, it's not that bad to have to redownload everything. I can wait to get the jivetalk again even though it took my 5 days to hear back from them last time. To make it easy, links to OTA downloads of Beyond 411, Smart Shopper, the Iphone theme, Jamtris and Opera Mini would be greatly appreciated!

    Anyone have info on the My Favs situation. I've read it going both ways on old threads. Will there ever be the icon for the favs on the Cingular Branded but Unlocked Pearl? I just checked on the MY TMO site and I was able to over ride the fact they couldn't detect my phone. Once I put in it was a MY FAVS Pearl they showed up again on the website. Not on the handset though.
    i know one thing for sure you have to call tmobile customer support to reactivate the my favs , thats been talked about in the forums .

  7. #7
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by avante
    .... It did back up my addy book, call logs etc, but no theme, 3rd party apps or MY Favs.

    Is there a way to restore this newer cingular pearl with the last backup I did right before selling the TMo one? Am I doomed to go and redownload all the apps/ and theme again? Is there a way for me to have the my favs on the new phone? Is there a way to get rid of the PTT icon on the new phone? Any help would be hugely appreciated...
    delete all the PTT .cod files
    the backup feature only backs up the settings, not the programs themselves. You never had to install them before because Desktop Manager would keep them for you while you did whatever to the same BB. To transfer it to another you use the other part of DM - Switch Devices (I think it's called).
    My Favs like said above I'm sure a quick call to 611 will resolve that... if those modules are installed on your BB (which I'm not sure if they are in the other OS's, if not they might be able to push those like they do other service books).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  8. #8
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    good shout cliffr39 , i hope we have helped our friend a little especially as he said PRETTY PLEASE i mean i thank you avante so much for your politeness this is what we were talking about in another thread

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ring_word.html

    so if there is anything else we can do avante do not hesitate to pm me i will always be there for you
    Last edited by antx16; 03-25-2007 at 02:37 PM.

  9. #9
    avante's Avatar
    avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1
    Posts
    638

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Thanks again for the help guys. I'm going to try and call tmo and ask them to push through the myfavs again. Also where would I find the push to talk.cod files to erase? I'll have to try it later tonight since the lady is home today and is demanding some of my attention Hopefully about 5 I'll be able to get this all sorted out. Thanks a bunch for the help again.

  10. #10
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by avante
    Thanks again for the help guys. I'm going to try and call tmo and ask them to push through the myfavs again. Also where would I find the push to talk.cod files to erase? I'll have to try it later tonight since the lady is home today and is demanding some of my attention Hopefully about 5 I'll be able to get this all sorted out. Thanks a bunch for the help again.
    dont mention it as we said everyone is welcome and your politeness is a joy

  11. #11
    avante's Avatar
    avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1
    Posts
    638

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    So I spoke with Tmobiles blackberry customer service and they said that there is no way for me to have the my favs icons pop up with the Cingular branded phone. Is there anyone out there with an unlocked cingular branded pearl that does have the icons come up? Where can I locate all the PTT.cod files i need to erase to get rid of that feature?
    Once again each reply is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

  12. #12
    antx16's Avatar
    antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    Quote Originally Posted by avante
    So I spoke with Tmobiles blackberry customer service and they said that there is no way for me to have the my favs icons pop up with the Cingular branded phone. Is there anyone out there with an unlocked cingular branded pearl that does have the icons come up? Where can I locate all the PTT.cod files i need to erase to get rid of that feature?
    Once again each reply is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    hi avante , just a question before i go to bed its 1.30 am here , if you have a tmobile data plan how could they know you have an unlocked cingular unless you tell them wink wink

  13. #13
    avante's Avatar
    avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1
    Posts
    638

    Re: Can someone help give me some definative answers? Pretty Please?

    They don't, they were just speaking hypothetically. That being the case I was hoping for someone to tell me otherwise.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •