.jar .jad files to .cod and .alx for me? i'm trying to put roms on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xrevelryx no está en línea Stack level 1

can someone convert..

Advertisement

.jar .jad files to .cod and .alx for me? i'm trying to put roms on my blackberry 8100 and i've done it before but the only way thats worked is through the app loader not just putting the jar or jad on the phone through the media manager (the file size is too big). i've tried rapc packets and converters but when i run a command prompt to open certain files it always tells me it can't find the specified path. thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xrevelryx; 09-14-2008 at 05:48 PM.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm pretty sure you can't just turn a .jar into an .alx without the source code. Also I may be wrong but converting a rom for you to use on something other than the console it's built for passes the legal barrier.

Oh also, why did you attach the roms when you asked to convert jar/jad files?

Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    Oh also, why did you attach the roms when you asked to convert jar/jad files?
    i need the .alx and .cod files to install the game with the app loader. and you can use some things to convert it, but you have to use command prompts or w.e. it's called and i've tried but it doesn't work for me. and sorry i forgot about that. i'll upload the right files.
    Last edited by xrevelryx; 09-14-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Well if you want to go this route, you can turn on mass storage mode when you plug in your phone, then just drag and drop your jad/jar files to a file. Then unplug your phone. Then go to 'media' and hit the BB button, click explore, and find your jad/jar files. Click your jad file and it should install just like it was OTA.

Well if you want to go this route, you can turn on mass storage mode when you plug in your phone, then just drag and drop your jad/jar files to a file. Then unplug your phone. Then go to 'media' and hit the BB button, click explore, and find your jad/jar files. Click your jad file and it should install just like it was OTA.
    ahh i've tried that, the file type is too big, same if it's OTA. i've put games on my phone before with alx and cod files i found in a different thread and just installed it with apploader.

Ok well I'll tell you this: meBoy is a java program and on the pearl has a size limit to it. Even if you could get it to alx it would be too big to work properly on the pearl. If it's too big to load via jad/jar it's too big to work with java.

Ok well I'll tell you this: meBoy is a java program and on the pearl has a size limit to it. Even if you could get it to alx it would be too big to work properly on the pearl. If it's too big to load via jad/jar it's too big to work with java.
    oh i see. that makes it really complicated. because pokemon red was 800 kb and zelda is 710 kb, but red works lol. i just have to wait untill someone who's good with DOS can convert it for me then i'll see whats up haha

Well I was trying with your PC file which was over 1mb and it didn't work.

Ok, I've googled around to try and find some more on what you were talking about and I haven't been able to get my commands to cooperate either. I'll let you know if I figure it out though. Either way I think the pearl still has a size limit but I'm not 100% positive on what it is, just that one exists.

Ok, I've googled around to try and find some more on what you were talking about and I haven't been able to get my commands to cooperate either. I'll let you know if I figure it out though. Either way I think the pearl still has a size limit but I'm not 100% positive on what it is, just that one exists.
    are you running on vista? i have a feeling most of the people that got the cmd to work were on xp

Quote Originally Posted by xrevelryx View Post
    are you running on vista? i have a feeling most of the people that got the cmd to work were on xp
    No I'm running XP pro. The directions I found were pretty convoluted though, and if I had more time to try and figure out what I'm mistyping I'm sure I could find out what I'm supposed to do.

No I'm running XP pro. The directions I found were pretty convoluted though, and if I had more time to try and figure out what I'm mistyping I'm sure I could find out what I'm supposed to do.
    i've tried tons of things, and nothing in c:\programfiles works for me. i have to put everything on the dekstop, but then i can't set the environment variables which seems to be necessary.