I received a Pearl 8100 (T-Mobile branded) and they only support up to OS ver ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

3560freak no está en línea Stack level 1

Where can I send my Pearl 8100 for repair (software issue)

Advertisement

I received a Pearl 8100 (T-Mobile branded) and they only support up to OS ver 4.2.124, so after reading the forums I read how to install other OS ver 4.5.x.xxx (AT&T) by removing the vendor.xml file. Well half way through the install the phone reset and now just blinks red 4 times. Reading through the forum I noticed some others had similar issues but I have tried just about every suggestion and cannot recover this bad boy. Tried with and without battery, JL_Cmdr, loader.exe /nojvm, etc, etc. Is there anyone that I can send the device to that can complete reflash the device? Thank you

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    No need to get it repaired, you can bring it back to life. Follow these instructions on this thread exactly. Sometimes it takes more than one try at it. Try it and good luck. You can skip steps 10,11 and 12. It automatically does it for you. If you haven't already you should download the 4.6 DM.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...onnected-5178/
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-29-2009 at 03:42 AM.

so i was able to get it working, finally (I tried probably at least 25 times), but being greedy I tried once again to load the AT&T 4.5.x.x.x software on my T-Mobile 8100 (deleting the vendor.xml) and the exact same thing happened. Now I have tried again to get it working but still no luck. Is there something possibly wrong with this BB or did RIM do something to not allow the AT&T build to run on the T-Mobile 8100? Thanks again

Why not download the TMO 4.5 upgrade? Then you do not need to delete the vender file. You should wipe your phone with JL commander and then install the TMO OS. Are you using Windows XP or Vista or a Mac?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Sorry I got it confused with the 8120. Your right, TMO does not have the 4.5 for 8100. You should be able to use any carrier that offers the 4.5 for the 8100. You should still wipe it and start fresh and try it again.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are you able to reload the original 4.2 OS? Also what version of DM are you using?

I was able to get the T-Mobile 4.2 working again but it might just be a bunk Berry. It reboots itself 10+ times a day (usually when I am doing something processor intensive, like loading a web page or trying to snap a pic). I bought it 2nd hand so I might just be stuck with this POS on 4.2. Though I might try the suggestion of wiping with JL_Cmnder

If you do the wipe with JL Commander, you will see your screen go black and the red led on top flash and when the screen comes back up you should have a circle with a black line through it with an App error 507 in the middle.

This means you have no OS installed and have successfully wiped your device! Now, try these instructions using the OS that you want to install.

Download your OS. Install (run)the OS. Delete the vender .xml file if from another carrier. Take out your battery. Open DM. Connect phone to the PC. Connect to your device pin. Go to application loader. Start. Check the boxes of what you want to load. Click next. Finish. It will start loading. Put the battery back in while still connected to PC. Wait until the OS is completed as succesful.

Here is Lava's Blog link on how to use JL Commander

http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/comments/2501.html#comment2501