Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 weeks ago I bought my bf and myself the pearl for t-mobile and last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can my Pearl be re-used?

Advertisement

2 weeks ago I bought my bf and myself the pearl for t-mobile and last week he dumped me, so earlier this week i confiscated it back (heck, they cost me 150.00 a pc.). Anyway, yesterday my friend tells me that if he reports it stolen and i try to re-activate it then the t-mobile store could take it from me. I was planning on selling my extra phone to another friend but not if they are going to take it away. And if i do sell it can the PIN be replaced so that the phone wont get messages from his contacts?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Can my Pearl be re-used?

Are they both on your plan?

Really if he reports it stolen there isn't anything TMO can do to stop anyone from using it. As long as that person has a plan with TMO.

The PIN cannot be changed, but make sure you release the PIN or have him release the PIN or else the new owner cannot make an account with that PIN. I hope that makes sense.

If you have more questions just ask

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If your name is on the accounts, then I wouldn't wait for him. I would go to a T-Mobile dealer/store and ask the to release the pin on the one you want to give to your friend. If the account is in his name, you will have to ask (beg, plead, etc...) for him to contact T-Mobile to do that for you.

Zo.

So you guys are pretty much saying the phone is usable for the most part just the PIN features would be unavailable. I dont think my friend even knows anyone else with a bb so she probably wont even use it.

PIN/ID
    STACK

yea totally reusable. You should still get the PIN released though. It will cause alot less headaches later on. If your friend ever wants data on it then the PIN will need to be released.

EDIT: What good is a BB without Data? It's half the fun.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

wow hed be out of his mind to dump a girl who'd buy him a pearl. thats the next best thing to superbowl tickets! can you return the phone, its only been 2 weeks. anyways...how you doin?

I totally agree, i am so pi$$ed offed cuz the only reason i got the pearls was to send stuff back and fourth with him but since i already have a nextel phone i am on the pay-as-u-go plan with tmo and cust svc tells me that i cannot have a bb data plan with a pre-paid service. So now i have a really nice phone that all my friends are like "oooooh" about but i cant use the best part: THE INTERNET! So fyi, what does it mean to release the PIN? and it really needs to be released even to use the data services?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by quantumiq
    ...how you doin?
    LOL! easy there cowboy.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by pearlfox
    So fyi, what does it mean to release the PIN? and it really needs to be released even to use the data services?
    Ok so did he ever have data services with the phone? If not then you may not even have to bother then.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    LOL! easy there cowboy.
    =)

The PIN is the only way to identify each Pearl indivudually like an identification number, i didnt' even know they could be released, but worth a try

LOL, I doin alright quantumiq, thanx for askin. But i cant return cuz i bought them off yet another friend and his sister works for tmo and he claims that he sold them to me on discount but whats done is done.

Yeah he had a data plan, he was always braging how he could download this and that and im this person and that person. Can anyone who works at a tmo store release the PIN or is this something that he would have to call in to cust svc for?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Ok then he would need to have it released.
    I mean if he got another pearl and 'changed handhelds' basically switching Blackberrys then the PIN would be released. Is he going to get a new one?

It is something he has to do himself. I guess beg, plead or deal...I'm sorry

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by pearlfox
    Yeah he had a data plan, he was always braging how he could download this and that and im this person and that person. Can anyone who works at a tmo store release the PIN or is this something that he would have to call in to cust svc for?
    Who's name is the bill in? Cause if it is in yours you have to call not him

The bill is in his name. And, he used to have an older older bb that he used to use so i am guessing that he might go back to that since that sk@nk hes with now with is a broke a$$ biatch, well, unless tmo accepts welfare checks as payment. As you may be able to tell i really dont want to ask for any favors just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast